People have reacted to ANNA SOUBRY using shortages at IKEA to wade into the Brexit row.
Former Tory MP, responded to reports last night that the furniture chain was facing product shortages because of Brexit and lorry driver shortages. The so-called liberal claimed that it was proof of Brexit “lies” and did not mention the temporary shortage which benefited some ordinary workers in Britain by increasing their wages.
HERE ARE SOME KEY POINTS WITH THE LINK BELOW
- Anna Soubry claims Brexit is the cause of HGV driver shortage.
- The Former Tory MP wrote on Twitter “Brexit was built on lies”.
- Remainers blame shortages of lorry drivers on many foreign drivers going home after the transition period ended in January.
- IKEA said the problems caused were down to a “perfect storm of issues”, including Covid, Brexit and driver shortages.
- IKEA claim they are currently experiencing “low availability in some of our ranges, including mattresses”.
“We hope this will reduce as the situation improves in the coming weeks and months.”