Speaking to talkRADIO, Brexit party MEP Mr Habib said: “It’s the most extraordinary state of affairs.
“It’s a bit like saying we’re going to get to France and we’re going to start taking their grapes, ploughing their fields. Or going to Germany, manufacturing cars unilaterally in their factories.
“It’s an absolutely absurd proposition that we shouldn’t have control of our waters. It’s because they’re spoiled.”
“They want access to them, and they know, unlike the Remain contingent in the UK who keep talking down fishing, that actually fishing is a really important component of their coastal communities.
“It’s not just about the fish you catch; it’s about all the industry you generate around it. It’s about the general well-being of areas who would otherwise have absolutely nothing to do.
“And we know that because our 186 coastal communities have been left largely destitute.”
He added: “They know the value of our fishing and, even if we don’t appreciate it, actually, because they are so insistent on in, we must be equally entrenched and refuse to hand it over.”
- DONALD IS NO PUSH OVER – EU said to have held out for a new US administration before pushing for a trade deal.
- UNBELIEVABLE – Tony Blair openly preaches his vision of Britain returning to the EU.
- The penny drops for EU Brexit negotiator Michel Barnier after saying the EU is fundamentally weaker now Britain has exited the bloc.
- Guy Verhofstadt insinuates that she would have supported staying in the EU Single Market if Thatcher were here today.
- Chief Minister of Gibraltar shuts down the Spanish government – no Frontex (‘EU official) will be able to operate in Gibraltar without the authorisation granted by an act of Parliament in Gibraltar.”