Speaking to talkRADIO, Brexit party MEP Mr Habib said: “It’s the most extraordinary state of affairs.
“It’s a bit like saying we’re going to get to France and we’re going to start taking their grapes, ploughing their fields. Or going to Germany, manufacturing cars unilaterally in their factories.
“It’s an absolutely absurd proposition that we shouldn’t have control of our waters. It’s because they’re spoiled.”
“They want access to them, and they know, unlike the Remain contingent in the UK who keep talking down fishing, that actually fishing is a really important component of their coastal communities.
“It’s not just about the fish you catch; it’s about all the industry you generate around it. It’s about the general well-being of areas who would otherwise have absolutely nothing to do.
“And we know that because our 186 coastal communities have been left largely destitute.”
He added: “They know the value of our fishing and, even if we don’t appreciate it, actually, because they are so insistent on in, we must be equally entrenched and refuse to hand it over.”
- Cancelled Comedian doesn’t hold back with his truthtelling sketch.
- WATCH – Former Border Force Head reveals what’s going on regarding the Channel Crisis.
- Police investigate SNP after allegations made of £600k going missing.
- CLASH – Nigel Farage publically slams Calais MP Pierre-Henri over the Channel Crisis.
- Sammy Wilson lashes out at the EU after they refused to seek a new protocol arrangement