Speaking to talkRADIO, Brexit party MEP Mr Habib said: “It’s the most extraordinary state of affairs.
“It’s a bit like saying we’re going to get to France and we’re going to start taking their grapes, ploughing their fields. Or going to Germany, manufacturing cars unilaterally in their factories.
“It’s an absolutely absurd proposition that we shouldn’t have control of our waters. It’s because they’re spoiled.”
“They want access to them, and they know, unlike the Remain contingent in the UK who keep talking down fishing, that actually fishing is a really important component of their coastal communities.
“It’s not just about the fish you catch; it’s about all the industry you generate around it. It’s about the general well-being of areas who would otherwise have absolutely nothing to do.
“And we know that because our 186 coastal communities have been left largely destitute.”
He added: “They know the value of our fishing and, even if we don’t appreciate it, actually, because they are so insistent on in, we must be equally entrenched and refuse to hand it over.”
- SHOCKING – Jeremy Vine asks a deliberate racially loaded question about Prince Philips Funeral.
- Legal threat by EU halted before Lord Frost heads to Brussels for discussions on Northern Ireland Protocol.
- Lefty Owen Jones slams Starmer writing he’ll never be Prime Minister.
- Boris has days left to respond to EU’s Court action letter over the Northern Ireland Protocol
- Pro EU campaigner, Femi, blames Brexit, Boris Johnson and Brexiteers for the current clashes in Northern Ireland