Today Lord Sumption took aim at the political elite saying they are “control freaks”. Saying they are “behaving as if our lives belonged to the state”.
Lord Sumption served as a justice of the Supreme Court in the UK between 2011 and 2018. Lord Sumption who remains a member of the supplementary panel said in the Mail on Sunday: “debate about whether to let us have a family Christmas perfectly sums up what is wrong with this Government’s handling” article.
Lord Sumption aimed at Boris Johnson labelling his handling of the pandemic as “public relations management” rather than governing. Lord Sumption said: “Boris Johnson knows that restrictions over Christmas would be deeply unpopular, widely ignored and catastrophic for the retail and hospitality industries.
“So he will soon announce their temporary suspension, behaving as if our lives belonged to the state and Christmas was an act of indulgence on his part,”
Sumption continues saying: The “control freaks and the rest of the sackcloth and ashes brigade will demand a payback”. This comes after reports suggested that for every one day over Christmas were allowed to spend with family well need 5-7 day in lockdown. So a five day get together would mean a month lockdown.
Lord Sumption finished by saying: What is currently going on is “morally and constitutionally indefensible in a country which is not yet a totalitarian state, like China.”
“The Government has not earned our trust. Sooner or later, people will take back control of their own lives and do the right thing, whatever Ministers say,”
- Cancelled Comedian doesn’t hold back with his truthtelling sketch.
- WATCH – Former Border Force Head reveals what’s going on regarding the Channel Crisis.
- Police investigate SNP after allegations made of £600k going missing.
- CLASH – Nigel Farage publically slams Calais MP Pierre-Henri over the Channel Crisis.
- Sammy Wilson lashes out at the EU after they refused to seek a new protocol arrangement