Talk about shooting down Britain before it spreads its wing to fly high again. Today Ex-PM Sir John Major claimed that Britain wasn’t any longer a first-rate global power. He stated this was partly due to Britain leaving the EU, which he claims was sold to the British public on lies.
Major has always championed the EU over Britain. Even in the post-referendum period Major always pushed for a second referendum stating Britain was sold a pack of lies in the hope Britain was forced to vote again. Sir Major said those who made a case for Brexit would never be forgiven.
According to the Ex UK PM, The UK is no longer a “great power” on the world stage continued saying it will “never be so again”.
In a speech from Middle Temple’s Treasurer’s Lecture in London. Major said: “We are no longer a great power.
“We will never be so again.
“We are a top second-rank power but, over the next half-century – however, well we perform – our small size and population makes it likely we will be passed by the growth of other, far larger, countries.”
Major then started to say that Britain isn’t worth dealing with as we left the EU.
He said: “In recent decades, we have consoled ourselves that we ‘punch above our weight’ in international affairs.
“Our hefty international influence rested on our history and reputation, buttressed by our membership of the European Union and our close alliance with the United States.
“Suddenly, we are no longer an irreplaceable bridge between Europe and America.
“We are now less relevant to them both.”
“Brexit was sold to the nation as a win-win situation. It is not.
“We were promised we would stay in the Single Market. We have not.
“We were told trade with the EU would be frictionless. It will not be.
“We were promised we would save billions in payments to the European Union: a bus was driven around the country telling us so.
“Not so: Brexit is costing billions – not saving them.”
“It now seems that on January 1st next year, Brexit maybe even more brutal than anyone expected.
“Because of our bombast, our blustering, our threats and our inflexibility – our trade will be less profitable, our Treasury poorer, our jobs fewer and our future less prosperous.”
- It “DON’T CUT IT!” – Former MEP criticises EU plans for Northern Ireland’s Brexit agreement.
- BAN SUPERTRAWLERS – Campaigners slam the UK Government over fishing rights saying “its a free for all” in UK waters.
- Campaign group ‘Silver Voice’ warns the BBC to lay off sending the “HEAVIES” around to pensioners houses who cant afford to pay the license fee.
- HANCOCK LEFT RED FACED – Days after a cushty new job, the UN dumps Matt Hancock saying his appointment will not be “TAKEN FORWARD”.
- A “BIG GAP” opens up in Protocol talks after Frost states the ECJ should be “ELIMINATED” from the Brexit agreement.