A leak from Washington suggests there is no interest by the Pro Remain democrats to do a trade deal with the UK. The unofficial President, Biden, has said he’s in no rush to do a deal with Britain. When asked if he’d do a trade deal with Britain, he said: “No, definitely not in the first 100 days.”
According to Biden’s team, Britain will not be prioritised when it comes to the trade deal, meaning the relationship between the UK-US will be extremely Frosty and distant.
In a blog post regarding the US – UK relations, John Redwood warned Biden saying: “I must stress that the UK does uphold the GFA in Northern Ireland.
“As we leave the EU, we have no plans to impose a hard border between the UK and the Republic of Ireland, contrary to false EU rumours.
“It is the EU which seems to be planning new border controls on their side of the border which you may like to take up with them.
“As such, we can be of more assistance in world trade and foreign policy matters, and look forward to working with you where our views and policies align.”
Biden is certainly no fan of the UK after he demanded the UK to stick to the EU withdrawal agreement, regardless if it’s at the detriment of the UK or the US will not be trading with the UK.
- Cressida Dick confirms the Met will look into the reported Downing Street lockdown parties.
- 100 illegal migrants were rescued by UK Border after being spotted by coastguard aircraft in the Channel. All were taken to Dover.
- Talks commence next week between EU – UK. Liz Truss states – “Rather than re-running past arguments, we need to focus on delivering for the people of Northern Ireland.”
- Former Commons Speaker John Bercow has slammed Boris Johnson, calling him a “shameless – narcissist” who should quit.
- Tory backbencher who accused No 10 of attempting to “blackmail” MPs wanting to remove Boris Johnson will speak with Police.