With negotiations back on, Northern Ireland secretary Brandon Lewis has said he thinks Barnier has come back to the table as the EU recognise it needs to give way.
He told the BBC’s Andrew Marr show: “The fact that Michel Barnier has outlined in the last week or so that they are going to come back and do these intensive negotiations, he recognises the EU do need to move, and that he is staying through to next week, is totally a very good sign.
“I think there is a good chance that we can get a deal but I think it is for the EU to understand that it is for them to move as well.
“We have got to make sure that it is a deal that works not just for our partners in Europe — we want to have a very good relationship with them obviously — but one that works for the United Kingdom.
“I think there is a good chance that we can get a deal but I think it is for the EU to understand that it is for them to move as well.”
- MP lambasts Met Police after arresting a 76 yrs old lady, bundling her into the back of a van.
- Biden’s national security adviser, describes Britain leaving the EU as “the dog that caught the car and then the car goes into reverse and runs over the dog – it’s a total mess”.
- MEP, states EU need to role back its red lines on fisheries, if its to secure a trade deal with Britain.
- Gove responds angrily to Sturgeon, after secret meetings with EU undermine trade negotiations.
- Lord Sumption takes aim at the political lockdown elite saying they are “control freaks”.