Emmanuel Macron tries to threaten Britain “without a fisheries agreement; there can be no trade deal.”

Britain is keen to move on and advancement talks. But, Mr Barnier will not open up talks until the UK budges on other issues, it has emerged. The main negotiator is insisting on “parallelism” — where several facets on a range of issues have to be agreed before moving ahead.
Mr Barnier is meeting David Frost, the UK’s lead negotiator, in London on Tuesday.
The set will be meeting outside of the scheduled negotiating schedule to go over the stagnated talks.

Both sides have expressed they want to secure a deal, but reddish traces have slowed progress.
Mr Frost said there’s been “little progress” during trade negotiations with Michel Barnier amid interruptions on fisheries policy and state aid rules.
The UK had wanted a deal done at the end of July.
Mr Barnier says that an agreement has to be in place at the end of October for this to be ratified around Europe at the end of the year.
However, one of the many issues yet to be agreed on is fisheries.

Mr Drian is one of the first significant voices from the EU authorities to speak out after Mr Barnier began phoning around EU capitals to demand they step in and support him.

During precisely the same speech to French ambassadors, the country’s state secretary for Europe,” Clement Beaune, said: “we’re moving on our position, we can not be feeble.”

People are urging to leave the EU on WTO.

Of all of the EU leaders, Emmanuel Macron has obtained the hardest stance with insiders saying the French President believes without a fisheries agreement; there can be no trade deal.
In a language to French ambassadors established in Europe, Mr Le Drian explained: “The negotiations aren’t progressing because of an intransigent and, let’s be clear, the unrealistic attitude of the United Kingdom.”

The French ministry included that the EU was united as in reaching an ambitious Brexit deal, but the ball was Britain’s court.
Meanwhile his German counterpart Heiko Maas said Germany needed “the closest possible cooperation with Great Britain on security and foreign policy”.
However, he warned without “linking this policy with Brussels” additional EU countries would be more important later on.

“The EU has always said that fishing is a key issue for resolution but has declined to discuss it,” a source told The Times.”
“We’d hoped to make improvement and introduced room papers.”
“But, regrettably, the EU refused to engage because of their self-imposed requirements.”

11 thoughts on “Emmanuel Macron tries to threaten Britain “without a fisheries agreement; there can be no trade deal.”

  1. Who the hell do these non important French and German EU Ministers think they are. Why should we give the French 80% of our fishing stock to them, and decide the other 20% between 26other EU countries and ourselves. Let the greedy bastards go fish elsewhere.( Russian waters perhaps) no I thought not. Their our waters, their our fish if you want some, queue up by a licence quota and pay your way for a change. Hopefully we will see some more of the EU members rebel and walk away from this Corrupt Organisation.

    1. This is typical of the French they always want it their own way. Remember General De Gaulle? He never wanted the UK in the EU in the 1st place anyway, he blocked our application I don’t know how many times, until he finally “forced himself” to let us in! That was after he fled to the UK in the 2nd World War and we kept him and his entourage safe from Germany – after that he still hated us and so do the French as a whole. Given a choice between us and say Russia, they would choose Russia every time.

      They are now threatening a war in British fishing waters. fighting our fisherman. Well as far as I am concerned, that is okay. In the War, apart from the Resistance fighters who were very brave men & women, the rest of the French just put their hands up, capitulated and gave in! As the saying goes (mostly from Frenchmen themselves) “We are better lovers than fighters”!

      1. Given a choice between Russia and France, I would choose Russia any time. After all the Russians stood beside us against the NAZIS while the French loaded the Jewish children on trains and sent them off to their death.

  2. This trade agreement around our fisheries if we dont let them have an agreement on it there will be no trade with us? Is that just France or is he speaking for the whole of Europe?

  3. Stuff the eu our fish not theirs it’s them who will come unstuck if they don’t do a trade deal personally I don’t want a deal xx

  4. Macron little man syndrome. We also do not like you and from what I hear you are not very popular in France. Run away and hide we do not want to trade with you or any of your cronies in the EU. When we stop buying Mercedes and other goods from you and the rest of the EU you might wish you had not thrown your toys out of you pram during your numerous tantrums. GOOD BYE. you might like to concentrate on going through the EU accounts which have never been signed off from day l and found out where our billions of tax payers money went. although could take an educated guess.

📣 What’re your thoughts? Have your say.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

11 thoughts on “Emmanuel Macron tries to threaten Britain “without a fisheries agreement; there can be no trade deal.”

  1. Who the hell do these non important French and German EU Ministers think they are. Why should we give the French 80% of our fishing stock to them, and decide the other 20% between 26other EU countries and ourselves. Let the greedy bastards go fish elsewhere.( Russian waters perhaps) no I thought not. Their our waters, their our fish if you want some, queue up by a licence quota and pay your way for a change. Hopefully we will see some more of the EU members rebel and walk away from this Corrupt Organisation.

    1. This is typical of the French they always want it their own way. Remember General De Gaulle? He never wanted the UK in the EU in the 1st place anyway, he blocked our application I don’t know how many times, until he finally “forced himself” to let us in! That was after he fled to the UK in the 2nd World War and we kept him and his entourage safe from Germany – after that he still hated us and so do the French as a whole. Given a choice between us and say Russia, they would choose Russia every time.

      They are now threatening a war in British fishing waters. fighting our fisherman. Well as far as I am concerned, that is okay. In the War, apart from the Resistance fighters who were very brave men & women, the rest of the French just put their hands up, capitulated and gave in! As the saying goes (mostly from Frenchmen themselves) “We are better lovers than fighters”!

      1. Given a choice between Russia and France, I would choose Russia any time. After all the Russians stood beside us against the NAZIS while the French loaded the Jewish children on trains and sent them off to their death.

  2. This trade agreement around our fisheries if we dont let them have an agreement on it there will be no trade with us? Is that just France or is he speaking for the whole of Europe?

  3. Stuff the eu our fish not theirs it’s them who will come unstuck if they don’t do a trade deal personally I don’t want a deal xx

  4. Macron little man syndrome. We also do not like you and from what I hear you are not very popular in France. Run away and hide we do not want to trade with you or any of your cronies in the EU. When we stop buying Mercedes and other goods from you and the rest of the EU you might wish you had not thrown your toys out of you pram during your numerous tantrums. GOOD BYE. you might like to concentrate on going through the EU accounts which have never been signed off from day l and found out where our billions of tax payers money went. although could take an educated guess.

📣 What’re your thoughts? Have your say.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.