With the EU negotiations heating up, and with time running out to find a deal, Anand Menon, King’s College London professor of European politics and foreign affairs highlighted how the UK has the upper hand in the recent negotiation talks between David Frost and Michel Barnier. Mr Menon brought up the fact that for a deal to be had on fisheries, the EU would have to majorly compromise, which would mean them stepping back from their redlines. The director of UK in a Changing Europe think tank went on to suggest that the UK may also have to compromise, but the EU May have to compromise further to secure a deal around fishing.
- Yet again, EU Parliament President wants Britain to commit to their level playing field.
- UK invites Barnier to London to continue trade talks.
- BREAKING – TRADE NEGOTIATIONS CONTINUE WITH THE EU TOMORROW – FULL STATEMENT
- Estonian MEP congratulates Boris on outwitting the European Union in negotiations.
- German MEP slams Merkel and EU commission President over botched EU’s negotiation stance.