Today, The Prime Minister, Chief Brexit Negotiator David Frost and Cabinet office minister Michael Gove will be Locked in high-level talks with Charles Michel, the President of the European Council, Ursula von der Leyen, the President of the European Commission, and David Sassoli, the President of the European Parliament.
- Yet again, EU Parliament President wants Britain to commit to their level playing field.
- UK invites Barnier to London to continue trade talks.
- BREAKING – TRADE NEGOTIATIONS CONTINUE WITH THE EU TOMORROW – FULL STATEMENT
- Estonian MEP congratulates Boris on outwitting the European Union in negotiations.
- German MEP slams Merkel and EU commission President over botched EU’s negotiation stance.
With time against Michel Barnier, it’s getting harder to attain a deal due to redlines from EU nation-states. Fishing is a massive redline for France. Their demands consist of unfettered access into British Fishing waters and status quo on fishing quotas.
Britain, on the other hand, has hit back, stating it is unwilling to give away its newly regained sovereign waters to a third country. There is no precedent to state that sovereign waters need to be given away, in exchange for an FTA.
Sources were reported saying in the Telegraph: “there is a real risk the negotiations, even with an increased pace, struggling to make any breakthroughs, which would increase the risk of there being no agreement at the end of the year”.