Last night it came to light that when you searched the term “UK Prime Minister” Winston Churchill’s Photo was removed and the date he was PM was altered. Today Google has come out with this statement due to people lambasting them with complaints.
Google said: We’re aware an image for Sir Winston Churchill is missing from his Knowledge Graph entry on Google. We apologise for any concern. This was not purposeful & will be resolved. Images in such panels are automatically created & updated. During an update, they can briefly disappear.
- British Fisherman suspicious by Barniers generosity over fishing redlines.
- OUR REACTION /// Boris spoke to Merkel on the phone, Merkel isn’t happy!
- High paid civil servants use eye watering sums of public funds to pay for tax bills.
- German Fishing director states, EU won’t buy fish from Britain, unless we have free access to your fish rich waters.
- Merkel isn’t happy, as Boris Johnson gives a personal reminder “The UK equally would be ready to leave the transition period on Australia terms”.
If a Knowledge Graph image is missing due to an update, the subject will be named but lack an image in anything automatically generated from the Knowledge Graph. This is why Churchill’s image (but not his name) is missing from some lists. It is temporary & will be resolved.
We’re exploring why the first terms for Churchill, Wilson, MacDonald & Baldwin are not shown. It might be that our systems are only displaying the last term of prime ministers who had non-consecutive terms. We’ll seek to address this to avoid any unintentional concern.