During her visit, The First Scottish Minister was doing her best to describe Brexit as regretful, while pushing her concerns about a British exit from the EU. Nicola promoted the thought and agreed with the EU that an extension to the negotiations was inevitable.
- Yet again, EU Parliament President wants Britain to commit to their level playing field.
- UK invites Barnier to London to continue trade talks.
- BREAKING – TRADE NEGOTIATIONS CONTINUE WITH THE EU TOMORROW – FULL STATEMENT
- Estonian MEP congratulates Boris on outwitting the European Union in negotiations.
- German MEP slams Merkel and EU commission President over botched EU’s negotiation stance.
When Theresa May was in charge, Nicola made demands: “The first thing she should be doing is requesting an extension of the Article 50 process. “My preference then would be for the issue to go back to the people in another referendum because the people have so much more information now than they did two and a half years ago. “At the very least, she needs to remove the negotiating red lines that are constraining the position she is in so dreadfully and creating the problems she is now encountering.”
How times have changed since 2019. Since May was ousted, destroying the remainers dream of derailing brexit, Boris Johnson won the conservative leadership, we removed our selves from the membership of the EU and were expected to leave the EU in its entirety on 31st December 2020 with an FTA or on WTO rules.