Over the last few months, there has been a demand for action, calling for our borders along the English Channel to be adequately protected against illegals crossing in boats.
Today, The Telegraph reports that the UK Home Secretary Priti Patel is in talks with her fellow french counterpart to put new measures in place to protect our borders along the English Channel.
BREAKING NEWS 🇬🇧
This would see migrants who are caught in UK territorial waters, being sent back potentially without them stepping a foot on British soil.
This meeting comes after a significant rise in illegal migrants making the trip across the Channel to enter the UK illegally.
Priti Patel on behalf of the UK is seeking to renegotiate an international agreement that would make it easier to send back illegals who cross the Channel.
(Telegraph) Sources say the Dublin regulations – which are designed to stop migrants making multiple applications in different countries – are rigid and restrictive.The rules make the country in which the asylum seeker first applies for asylum is responsible for either accepting or rejecting the claim, and the seeker may not restart the process in another jurisdiction.
155 illegal migrants who crossed the Channel were sent back out of 2,500 having made the trip in the last 16 months.
BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
- New European Commission Vice President states No Deal is a real possibility.
- Theresa May does the bidding for the EU in Parliament after scathing remarks against Boris Johnson and the Internal Market Bill.
- Boris Johnson’s sister says alcohol should be banned till a vaccine is found.
- Nigel Farage – “At no point has that pipsqueak Hancock admitted he’s got anything wrong.”
- Labours David Lammy – “The conservatives have abandoned the rule of law” as the Internal Market Bill returns to Parliament this week.