UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is reportedly planning to return to work on Monday to take control of the coronavirus crisis – as US President Donald Trump says the recovering Prime Minister sounded ‘incredible’ in his call to the White House.
The Prime Minister has been recovering at his countryside retreat in Chequers after being discharged from hospital earlier this month.
Mr Johnson – who spent three days in the ICU and seven in hospital – has told his aides to set up meetings with cabinet ministers next week to get him up to speed, as reported by The Telegraph.
Last night Donald Trump revealed some of the details of his call with Boris Johnson on Tuesday, saying he sounded ‘sharp and energetic’.
At a press briefing on Covid-19 the US President said: ‘He [Boris] called me a few days ago. I will tell you he sounded incredible.’
‘I was actually surprised. I thought he’d be like ‘Oh Donald, how are you?’. He was ready to go. I’m very surprised to tell you this. It’s like the old Boris, tremendous energy, tremendous drive.
‘I was very surprised because he called me, almost you know, pretty close to when he got out of the hospital.
Did you see this?
‘I think he’s doing great, I think he’s doing great. He was so sharp and energetic, pretty incredible, he’s an incredible guy.
‘He’s a friend of ours and a friend of mine. He loves our country, he loves his country a lot, but he loves our country, he respects our country and they’re lucky to have him over there.’
US POLITICS, UK POLITICS
BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
- UNBELIEVABLE – Illegal Migrant Smuggling ring infiltrated, £7000 per person, Police hold you for 24 hrs then place you in a hotel.
- Macron threatens to pull the plug on any trade deal with the UK, if it doesn’t meet his demands on fisheries.
- EXCLUSIVE FOOTAGE – Priti Patel visits Dover.
- British Fisherman, Paul Lines states Britains fishing industry “could be the best industry in the world if it is done properly.”
- Conservative Care Minister, Helen Whately said the crisis situation in the English Channel is “unacceptable”.