WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he has instructed his administration to at least temporarily halt funding to the World Health Organization over its handling of the coronavirus pandemic.
Trump, at a White House news conference, said the WHO had “failed in its basic duty and it must be held accountable.” He said the group had promoted China’s “disinformation” about the virus that likely led to a wider outbreak of the virus than otherwise would have occurred.
(Reporting By Jeff Mason and Steve Holland; Editing by Chris Reese)
BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
- SETUP? Piles of random Bricks placed in strategic spots to encourage looting and violence in America. Who’s paying for it?
- Sadiq Khan demands Boris to seek an extension with the EU.
- The push for a “Level Playing Field”continues by Barnier, even after being told it will not be accepted.
- Barnier demands Boris to comply with the text in the negotiation agreement; otherwise, “if this does not happen, there will be no agreement.”
- Peter Mandelson and EU Trade chief Phil Hogan, throw their hats into the ring to be the next head of WTO.