BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
Germany’s economy stagnated while both France and Italy contracted during the last quarter. There’s concern that the danger of coronavirus can deliver a critical blow to the eurozone this year, dragging Europe into a recession.
At just 0.1 per cent, the eurozone and the EU have both posted their weakest growth since ancient 2013, which is as soon as the debt meltdown lacked a European downturn.
Europe’s largest markets appeared to drag down the whole bloc, with Germany’s result far below expectations and down from an upwardly revised 0.2 percent in the third quarter.
He cautioned that”Germany on verge of recession and those numbers are all from earlier coronavirus”.
Economist Carsten Brzeski of ING echoed this issue, claiming the danger of a recession was hanging over Germany.
Germany has been engulfed by a political catastrophe after the politician seen as the successor of Angela Merkel, Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer, announced on Monday that she’d resign from the CDU chair.
Mrs Merkel had promised she’d stay in place as German chancellor if the CDU leadership is secured by one of her rivals at the summer ballot but this might prove difficult.
There’s also fear that trade talks with Britain over Brexit could spark a collapse.
Europe is already struggling to handle trade tensions with the US and changes in the auto market.
There had been hope that the eurozone had moved past its slump.
However, today’s reports were signaled by incredibly weak December industrial production statistics released earlier this week.
A number of economists are concerned that German and eurozone growth could be dragged by the sharp fall in consumer spending and industrial output .
The coronavirus in China’s outbreak could affect manufacturing supply chains, exports and travel.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- UK’s fishing waters will NOT be used as bargaining chip – Gove confirms: OUR waters on OUR terms!UK Government must not use access to UK fishing waters as a bargaining chip in upcoming trade negotiations with the EU, a Tory MP has urged. Steve Double MP asked … Read more
- Boris Johnson // NO WAY! To any EU level playing field demands.The EU keeps making the point that we in the UK can not have a Canada style trade deal even though they put that promise down in the Nonbinding Political … Read more
- French demand access into U.K. fishing waters so they can pile in with their factory ships and vacuum up our fish…Last night I was reading an article where a solid statement was made… here’s what was said… Statement above is from the Express news paper… After reading this statement I … Read more
- ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ as the EU pull away from their own Political Agreement whilst demanding U.K. adhere to it.Last night the BBC shone light on the fact that the EU had already pulled back on the political agreement that was attached as a separate Non legally binding agreement … Read more
- Boris offers the EU a hand of friendship before he pulls the plug in June…Today Boris has clearly stated the UK's intention to leave with out a deal if no deal is insight by June. This comes as the EU is in a mess … Read more