BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
A key priority for the South American countries was access into the European agriculture market, where they hoped to sell meat, poultry and other products. After 20 decades of deadlock, Brussels clashed with Brazil over the export of ethanol since the Government, along with its allies, requested more access to the clients of Europe.
The EU eventually conceded upon the deals registering in late to the petition.
An organisation representing ethanol companies in Europe, ePure, asserted that the EU had thrown the industry and farmers”under the bus”, lambasting the bloc for hypocrisy.
It said”The deal makes concessions to Mercosur nations on ethanol that essentially sacrifice the EU agriculture industry — and national manufacturing of a renewable energy source — in exchange for gains elsewhere.
“In agreeing to open its own markets into Brazilian ethanol, the EU is contradicting its own efforts to increase domestic renewable energy sources in transportation, killing incentives to invest in complex ethanol, and making life even tougher for Europe’s already struggling farmers.
“Last-minute adjustments to the EU-Mercosur arrangement, offering much more access to EU markets for Brazilian sugarcane ethanol, have made a terrible deal even worse.
“The agreement essentially trades off Europe’s ethanol sector unless the EU can act quickly and grow the European ethanol market to accommodate a flood of imports”
It finalised, hasn’t yet been signed or ratified while the preliminary agreement for the deal has been agreed.
The deal, known as the European Union-Mercosur free trade arrangement, would visit Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay and Argentina open their markets into the 27 EU member nations but progress appears to have postponed as Brussels prepares to enter commerce discussions with the UK in March.
The unsettled nature of talks as things stand, combined with Brussel’s concessions will probably provide Prime Minister Boris Johnson encouragement in Brexit talks.
The EU’ Chief Negotiator, Michel Barnier, has attempted to restrict the UK to regulatory orientation in exchange for access to the single market.
Downing Street has said”British fishing grounds are first and foremost for British boats”.
Nevertheless, the European Commission also insisted now that the UK signs up to the”non-lowering of greater domestic labor and environmental standards so as to encourage trade and investment”.
This comes after Mr Barnier maintained his strategies released this month which quota-free access to EU markets has been dependent on the inclusion of”a mechanism to maintain the high standards we have on societal, environmental, tax, and state help matters today and in their future improvements”.
Mr Johnson has struck back by stating that”no need” to follow Brussels’ principles.
In addition, he stated that if his proposition is thwarted by Mr Barnier for a free trade arrangement, he could pursue a deal such as Australia’s.
The Prime Minister added:”I have no doubt that in either case the UK will flourish mightily”.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- UK’s fishing waters will NOT be used as bargaining chip – Gove confirms: OUR waters on OUR terms!UK Government must not use access to UK fishing waters as a bargaining chip in upcoming trade negotiations with the EU, a Tory MP has urged. Steve Double MP asked … Read more
- Boris Johnson // NO WAY! To any EU level playing field demands.The EU keeps making the point that we in the UK can not have a Canada style trade deal even though they put that promise down in the Nonbinding Political … Read more
- French demand access into U.K. fishing waters so they can pile in with their factory ships and vacuum up our fish…Last night I was reading an article where a solid statement was made… here’s what was said… Statement above is from the Express news paper… After reading this statement I … Read more
- ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ as the EU pull away from their own Political Agreement whilst demanding U.K. adhere to it.Last night the BBC shone light on the fact that the EU had already pulled back on the political agreement that was attached as a separate Non legally binding agreement … Read more
- Boris offers the EU a hand of friendship before he pulls the plug in June…Today Boris has clearly stated the UK's intention to leave with out a deal if no deal is insight by June. This comes as the EU is in a mess … Read more