BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
At present Mr Hastings pointed out the EU makes off on average 75 percent of the UK fishing quota.
“The Government must revise the Fisheries Bill to legislate that in future foreign-flagged ships should only be allowed access post-Brexit on a strictly annual basis and only if the UK receives a mutual worth of fishing opportunities for in EU waters.
“This means these fish captured by an EU boat in British waters will skip the local Peterhead market and all of the local processors in Europe’s biggest fishing port.”
EU member states are currently putting pressure on the EU to make access to the oceans post the 2020 transition period a necessity for any trade deal.
Fears is currently making UK fishermen, who overwhelmingly voted for Brexit worried.
The member of Fishing for Leave added:”If the Government wants to genuinely take back control of a 6-8 billion business, to level up regions and do so through rejuvenating coastal communities after decades of EU policies designed to ease the asset stripping of Britain.
Mr Hastings continued:”Sadly under pressure from the Flagship dominated NFFO (National Federation of Fishermen’s Organisation) the Government is doing nothing to reinstate Mrs Thatcher’s Economic Link to ensure that British fishing vessels are majority British owned, crewed and territory, sell and process the majority of their catches in Britain so the nation sees genuine financial benefit delivered.”
“Otherwise the continual shameful haemorrhaging of the prosperity of our greatest natural resource being taken back to the continent in ships or lorries will proceed to the sore cost of our coastal communities.”
Images show a Dutch owned trawler landing a huge catch of pelagic fish at Peterhead in Scotland prior to being transported onto a waiting French lorry to be taken immediately to the continent. With EU fisheries allowed to have continued unfettered access to UK waters during the Brexit transition period, a trawler called The Bressay Bank has been envisioned landing thousands of tons of fish caught off the north coast of Britain.
“This is indeed British ports and communities see benefit from the grab of our national resource and, most of all, to ensure compliance with our conservation measures.
“Any and all of the limited number of EU vessels licensed to get British waters for the year should have it as a requirement of the license that their catch is landed, sold and processed in Britain.
Mr Hastings added:”Though the trawler is registered as French its parent organization is the giant Parlaviet van der Plas.”
Financial services sector contributed £132billion, whilst the fishing sector contributed £980million, last year.
In the Factortame case, the ECJ ruled that the strong’Economic Link’ conditions of the Act prohibited EU Freedom of Establishment provisions.
Dubbed the”fish for fund” deal is one of the options being offered by EU negotiators.
Flagships were foisted upon the united kingdom following the European Court of Justice (ECJ) overruled the Thatcher governments 1988 Merchant Shipping Act that sought to clamp down on EU fishing firms domiciling in Britain.
The City is desperate to finish and open access arrangement but the transaction may indicate that in return French, Spanish and Dutch boats would be permitted to maintain their accessibility.
But British fisheries are calling Boris Johnson take a firm stance.
The plan that the UK fishermen want the Government to take in the coming discussions was outlined by mr Hastings.
“To avoid the whole EU fleet trying to re-register in Britain the government must reinstate Mrs Thatchers Economic link to ensure that British vessels are bulk British possessed, crewed and land, sell and process nearly all their catches on Britain to see real financial benefit delivered.
Financial services are a massive industry for the UK, and dwarf the fishing sector.
This is infuriating fishermen as Britain contributes 60 percent of the catches and 50 percent of the waters to the EU pot and is crippling the ability of the British fleet to remain competitive.
Alan Hastings of Fishing for Leaves said:”The catch from Britain’s northerly waters, around 600 and miles from continental Europe is seen being landed to a French lorry, this will take the fish straight to the continent.
The calls come promises to shield British waters for access to financial markets for the City of London.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- Harry might have just angered the Queen by saying Commonwealth ‘must acknowledge past wrongs’Oh blimey, Harry and Meghan appear to have done a parody of themselves. His witless recitation of Woke cliches, her schooling look. V funny – almost took me in for…
- VIDEO – Police turn up as group of political agitators deliberately cause trouble on roads.Several protesters shut down part of a street in downtown Washington, DC, Wednesday, telling a woman in a car to “back dat ass up” when she attempted to drive away….
- VIDEO – Its like a war zone, Antifa and BLM continue to destroy Portland.Even with the Police removing the Capital Hill Autonomous Zone also known as CHAZ, the destruction of the City continues. For consecutive nights there has been major clashes with the…
- Ex UKIP MEP dismantles Mr Barnier claimes: “When Michel Barnier speaks of ‘a failure to negotiate’, he means a failure to make concessions, a failure to do as we’re told.”On LBC, UKIP MEP Roger Helmer, praised David Frost and his team in these current negotiations for not backing down under pressure from the EU negotiation team and the EU…
- US Press Secretary destroys the Fake News Media – Trump doesn’t agree with BLM organisation saying “Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon”White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany explained to the media why President Trump considers the Black Lives Matter organization a “symbol of hate” — from inciting violence with chants like…