BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
At present Mr Hastings pointed out the EU makes off on average 75 percent of the UK fishing quota.
“The Government must revise the Fisheries Bill to legislate that in future foreign-flagged ships should only be allowed access post-Brexit on a strictly annual basis and only if the UK receives a mutual worth of fishing opportunities for in EU waters.
“This means these fish captured by an EU boat in British waters will skip the local Peterhead market and all of the local processors in Europe’s biggest fishing port.”
EU member states are currently putting pressure on the EU to make access to the oceans post the 2020 transition period a necessity for any trade deal.
Fears is currently making UK fishermen, who overwhelmingly voted for Brexit worried.
The member of Fishing for Leave added:”If the Government wants to genuinely take back control of a 6-8 billion business, to level up regions and do so through rejuvenating coastal communities after decades of EU policies designed to ease the asset stripping of Britain.
Mr Hastings continued:”Sadly under pressure from the Flagship dominated NFFO (National Federation of Fishermen’s Organisation) the Government is doing nothing to reinstate Mrs Thatcher’s Economic Link to ensure that British fishing vessels are majority British owned, crewed and territory, sell and process the majority of their catches in Britain so the nation sees genuine financial benefit delivered.”
“Otherwise the continual shameful haemorrhaging of the prosperity of our greatest natural resource being taken back to the continent in ships or lorries will proceed to the sore cost of our coastal communities.”
Images show a Dutch owned trawler landing a huge catch of pelagic fish at Peterhead in Scotland prior to being transported onto a waiting French lorry to be taken immediately to the continent. With EU fisheries allowed to have continued unfettered access to UK waters during the Brexit transition period, a trawler called The Bressay Bank has been envisioned landing thousands of tons of fish caught off the north coast of Britain.
“This is indeed British ports and communities see benefit from the grab of our national resource and, most of all, to ensure compliance with our conservation measures.
“Any and all of the limited number of EU vessels licensed to get British waters for the year should have it as a requirement of the license that their catch is landed, sold and processed in Britain.
Mr Hastings added:”Though the trawler is registered as French its parent organization is the giant Parlaviet van der Plas.”
Financial services sector contributed £132billion, whilst the fishing sector contributed £980million, last year.
In the Factortame case, the ECJ ruled that the strong’Economic Link’ conditions of the Act prohibited EU Freedom of Establishment provisions.
Dubbed the”fish for fund” deal is one of the options being offered by EU negotiators.
Flagships were foisted upon the united kingdom following the European Court of Justice (ECJ) overruled the Thatcher governments 1988 Merchant Shipping Act that sought to clamp down on EU fishing firms domiciling in Britain.
The City is desperate to finish and open access arrangement but the transaction may indicate that in return French, Spanish and Dutch boats would be permitted to maintain their accessibility.
But British fisheries are calling Boris Johnson take a firm stance.
The plan that the UK fishermen want the Government to take in the coming discussions was outlined by mr Hastings.
“To avoid the whole EU fleet trying to re-register in Britain the government must reinstate Mrs Thatchers Economic link to ensure that British vessels are bulk British possessed, crewed and land, sell and process nearly all their catches on Britain to see real financial benefit delivered.
Financial services are a massive industry for the UK, and dwarf the fishing sector.
This is infuriating fishermen as Britain contributes 60 percent of the catches and 50 percent of the waters to the EU pot and is crippling the ability of the British fleet to remain competitive.
Alan Hastings of Fishing for Leaves said:”The catch from Britain’s northerly waters, around 600 and miles from continental Europe is seen being landed to a French lorry, this will take the fish straight to the continent.
The calls come promises to shield British waters for access to financial markets for the City of London.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- UK’s fishing waters will NOT be used as bargaining chip – Gove confirms: OUR waters on OUR terms!UK Government must not use access to UK fishing waters as a bargaining chip in upcoming trade negotiations with the EU, a Tory MP has urged. Steve Double MP asked … Read more
- Boris Johnson // NO WAY! To any EU level playing field demands.The EU keeps making the point that we in the UK can not have a Canada style trade deal even though they put that promise down in the Nonbinding Political … Read more
- French demand access into U.K. fishing waters so they can pile in with their factory ships and vacuum up our fish…Last night I was reading an article where a solid statement was made… here’s what was said… Statement above is from the Express news paper… After reading this statement I … Read more
- ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ as the EU pull away from their own Political Agreement whilst demanding U.K. adhere to it.Last night the BBC shone light on the fact that the EU had already pulled back on the political agreement that was attached as a separate Non legally binding agreement … Read more
- Boris offers the EU a hand of friendship before he pulls the plug in June…Today Boris has clearly stated the UK's intention to leave with out a deal if no deal is insight by June. This comes as the EU is in a mess … Read more