BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
UK nationals opposed to Brexit Think they could apply for individual Partner EU citizenship
The UK has left the European Union and the two sides have the remainder of 2020 to negotiate a potential trade deal but a substantial number of British men and women, living both in the united kingdom and abroad, sorrow losing their status.
Unlikely as it might look, though, there is still hope that they might have the ability to retain EU citizenship, and a group called Stay European has launched a campaign which they expect will result in UK nationals having the ability to enrol for “”associate EU citizenship”. So much over 115,000 individuals have signed up, and the promise is that”once the campaign is big enough to obtain wider attention, we’ll lobby the EU to make an official scheme which we’re able to sign up to”.
What the organizers consider is that millions of Britons are losing EU citizenship even though they didn’t decide to renounce it many of themafter all, were denied a vote in the 2016 referendum, while some voted against — and that they should be given the right to choose in and continue to identify as Europeans by acquiring individual citizenship.
How this would work is not clear but it has been suggested that such a strategy could be tied to a fee, as a single contribution to the EU budget, possibly equivalent to what we currently pay in per individual.
Stay European stress that what they are organizing isn’t simply a request: it’s all about then pushing to achieve that, building a continuing group of people that want to apply for citizenship.
There can even be significant support for the notion in Brussels: Guy Verhofstadt, MEP and Brexit coordinator for the European Parliament, has been indicating the idea in EU level since 2016 and as recently as December 2019 said it is time to”return into the notion of’European associated citizenship’ for UK citizens who wish to maintain their connection with Europe”.
The UK government is unlikely to support this type of strategy, but in principle it is possible for the EU to offer associate citizenship right, and Stay European believe the transition period may be chance.
THE AIM IS FOR THE OPTION TO BE MADE AVAILABLE TO ALL UK CITIZENS, WHEREVER THEY RESIDE.
Whether that is a realistic aim cannot be assessed; there’s absolutely not any precedent and no nation has left the EU before.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- Harry might have just angered the Queen by saying Commonwealth ‘must acknowledge past wrongs’Oh blimey, Harry and Meghan appear to have done a parody of themselves. His witless recitation of Woke cliches, her schooling look. V funny – almost took me in for…
- VIDEO – Police turn up as group of political agitators deliberately cause trouble on roads.Several protesters shut down part of a street in downtown Washington, DC, Wednesday, telling a woman in a car to “back dat ass up” when she attempted to drive away….
- VIDEO – Its like a war zone, Antifa and BLM continue to destroy Portland.Even with the Police removing the Capital Hill Autonomous Zone also known as CHAZ, the destruction of the City continues. For consecutive nights there has been major clashes with the…
- Ex UKIP MEP dismantles Mr Barnier claimes: “When Michel Barnier speaks of ‘a failure to negotiate’, he means a failure to make concessions, a failure to do as we’re told.”On LBC, UKIP MEP Roger Helmer, praised David Frost and his team in these current negotiations for not backing down under pressure from the EU negotiation team and the EU…
- US Press Secretary destroys the Fake News Media – Trump doesn’t agree with BLM organisation saying “Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon”White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany explained to the media why President Trump considers the Black Lives Matter organization a “symbol of hate” — from inciting violence with chants like…