BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
Sinn Fein are set to meet a number of parties to go over the forming of a government.
“It might have been a tight finish but that means folks are saying to people that Fine Gael should go into opposition and we’re absolutely willing to do that.
He added:”The political center in Ireland has been shaken… but it’s held.
However, Mr Varadkar insisted he would lead the opposition.
“We are eager to step back and allow them do this.”
“They won it somewhat and they did so by making lots Of guarantees to plenty of people in this nation.
His admission comes after pressure is building on Mr Varadkar to resign as party leader following Fine Gael got only under 20.9 percent of the vote — its worst ever election result – trailing behind competitions Fianna Fail and Sinn Fein.
“We had been defeated in this election, there is absolutely no point in trying to dress that up in any way.
The embattled Irish leader disclosed his Fine Gael party is not involved in coalition talks with any parties and said the”responsibility drops” on Sinn Féin to attempt to form another government. His remarks comes after Fine Gael came in the vote, together with Leo Varadkar himself only securing reelection at the fifth count – a significant humiliation in Ireland’s electoral system, where several MPs are elected each constituency.
“The obligation falls upon them to build a coalition programme for government. In case the party does not form or join in the formation of a government Mr Varadkar must submit to a vote of confidence.
“In terms of what may happen later on in the process, in another few weeks, we are the party that founded the state and when we are required to provide the country political stability and decent governance, then we are eager to talk to other parties but at the first instance, the onus is on Sinn Fein.”
Mr Varadkar would need to place himself up for re-election to fasten his leadership post.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- UK’s fishing waters will NOT be used as bargaining chip – Gove confirms: OUR waters on OUR terms!UK Government must not use access to UK fishing waters as a bargaining chip in upcoming trade negotiations with the EU, a Tory MP has urged. Steve Double MP asked … Read more
- Boris Johnson // NO WAY! To any EU level playing field demands.The EU keeps making the point that we in the UK can not have a Canada style trade deal even though they put that promise down in the Nonbinding Political … Read more
- French demand access into U.K. fishing waters so they can pile in with their factory ships and vacuum up our fish…Last night I was reading an article where a solid statement was made… here’s what was said… Statement above is from the Express news paper… After reading this statement I … Read more
- ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ as the EU pull away from their own Political Agreement whilst demanding U.K. adhere to it.Last night the BBC shone light on the fact that the EU had already pulled back on the political agreement that was attached as a separate Non legally binding agreement … Read more
- Boris offers the EU a hand of friendship before he pulls the plug in June…Today Boris has clearly stated the UK's intention to leave with out a deal if no deal is insight by June. This comes as the EU is in a mess … Read more