BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
Austria, Denmark, Germany, the Netherlands and Sweden could see their contributions to the EU’s long term budget, also called the Multiannual Financial Framework, increase.
This week European Council President Charles Michel met with EU negotiations to talk about their priorities for the funding, that will determine spending ahead of next week’s plenary, from 2021-27.
So far EU states have been unable to agree on the the size of the funding, the volumes of the main policy areas, the option and the revenue sources to add incentives and conditions for the disbursement of EU funds.
European member states will meet for a crucial plenary debate on the bloc’s long term budget having failed to reach an agreement after months of gruelling negotiations. Nations are divided on how the gap left by the departure of Britain from the bloc will be covered by the EU. Five nations are set to foot the bill, which will see their Contributions double.
Since the budget proposals will need to be signed up by the European Parliament to begin in January 2021, but time is running out to reach an agreement.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- UK’s fishing waters will NOT be used as bargaining chip – Gove confirms: OUR waters on OUR terms!UK Government must not use access to UK fishing waters as a bargaining chip in upcoming trade negotiations with the EU, a Tory MP has urged. Steve Double MP asked … Read more
- Boris Johnson // NO WAY! To any EU level playing field demands.The EU keeps making the point that we in the UK can not have a Canada style trade deal even though they put that promise down in the Nonbinding Political … Read more
- French demand access into U.K. fishing waters so they can pile in with their factory ships and vacuum up our fish…Last night I was reading an article where a solid statement was made… here’s what was said… Statement above is from the Express news paper… After reading this statement I … Read more
- ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ as the EU pull away from their own Political Agreement whilst demanding U.K. adhere to it.Last night the BBC shone light on the fact that the EU had already pulled back on the political agreement that was attached as a separate Non legally binding agreement … Read more
- Boris offers the EU a hand of friendship before he pulls the plug in June…Today Boris has clearly stated the UK's intention to leave with out a deal if no deal is insight by June. This comes as the EU is in a mess … Read more