BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
The French President, 41, demanded the European Commission to maintain Britain tied into the bloc on a selection of matters in return for a post-Brexit commerce deal. A diplomat told the Daily Telegraph that”France needs dynamic alignment throughout the board”. Another said”full dynamic alignment makes sense” as an”opening bid” in trade discussions.
Mr Macron has also demanded that when the EU upgrades its own rules the UK follows match.
The French guy’s brazen orders echo those of the European Parliament’s EU-UK organizing group, which is also calling for”lively alignment”.
A leaked document from the group was found to request Boris Johnson take down Britain’s red tape on workers’ rights, environmental protections and state help.
The team said the UK should offer the EU with a”level playing field” in words that echoed EU chief negotiator Michel Barnier.
He explained:”Our free-trade arrangement must contain an agreement on fisheries.
“This agreement should provide reciprocal access to markets and waters, which contains quota stocks”
A negotiation document, published before formal discussions, reads:”The envisaged partnership should include, in its economical role, provisions on fisheries setting out a framework for the management of shared fish stocks, in addition to the terms on access to waters and resources”
Considering that Brexit Day, the row over the future of UK waters has intensified with a few British sailors fearing their ships might be torched.
There’s also been speculation EU fishermen could blockade UK ships from entering key ports on the continent.
After Brexit Day, the French authorities accused the London Fisheries Convention of being”disrespectful” after they lost their license to fish at Guernsey.
To be able to guard against potential attacks from EU anglers that the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) has pushed up to two additional fishing vessels to reinforce the Royal Navy’s Fishery Protection Squadron (FPS).
Two more ships can assist in preventing unlicensed fishing while 22 others could be scrambled at short notice while a further 35 enforcement officers have also been recruited.
They patrol roughly 80,000 square miles of Britain so as to secure fishing rights.
Mr Johnson was placed under pressure to procure British fishing rights but the EU has already begun to insist on crucial trade-offs during discussions.
In order for the UK to get the only market, EU officials have stated British fishing waters must stay open to foreign vessels.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- UK’s fishing waters will NOT be used as bargaining chip – Gove confirms: OUR waters on OUR terms!UK Government must not use access to UK fishing waters as a bargaining chip in upcoming trade negotiations with the EU, a Tory MP has urged. Steve Double MP asked … Read more
- Boris Johnson // NO WAY! To any EU level playing field demands.The EU keeps making the point that we in the UK can not have a Canada style trade deal even though they put that promise down in the Nonbinding Political … Read more
- French demand access into U.K. fishing waters so they can pile in with their factory ships and vacuum up our fish…Last night I was reading an article where a solid statement was made… here’s what was said… Statement above is from the Express news paper… After reading this statement I … Read more
- ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ as the EU pull away from their own Political Agreement whilst demanding U.K. adhere to it.Last night the BBC shone light on the fact that the EU had already pulled back on the political agreement that was attached as a separate Non legally binding agreement … Read more
- Boris offers the EU a hand of friendship before he pulls the plug in June…Today Boris has clearly stated the UK's intention to leave with out a deal if no deal is insight by June. This comes as the EU is in a mess … Read more