BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
The Fine Gael Irish Premier Leo Varadka was left devastated as his constituency of Dublin West was topped by Sinn Féin candidate topped the poll ahead of him. Mr Varadkar hasn’t officially lost his seat since no candidate had attained the threshold vote yet.
Journalist Rob O’Hanrahan posted a movie of the results being read outside to Twitter, saying:”This is the moment Leo Varadkar realised that he wasn’t elected on the second count in Dublin West. (video bottom of article)
“He got 118 moves. Sinn Féin’s Peter Donnelly got 213.”
Elections of candidates in Ireland are by single transferable vote (STV), with each constituency returning between three and five deputies, each called a Teachta Dála or TD.
Mr Varadkar stated that he was”not really” disappointed he didn’t top the poll in his own constituency. He did get an increase in his votes compared to the last election.
The final outcome of the election continue to be counted.
Sinn Féin look set to procure the first preference votes.
Together with first preferences counted, it has 24.5 percent compared to 22.2% for Fianna Fáil and 20.9% for Fine Gael.
Nobody party will win enough seats to get an outright majority.
Sinn Féin pioneer Mary Lou McDonald has already said she’s unwilling to create a coalition with either of her rivals.
Before the election both Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil said they wouldn’t enter coalition with Sinn Féin.
Ms McDonald said she had been researching options to see whether it’d be possible to create a Government without either Fine Gael or Fianna Fáil.
Mr Varadkar claims it could be”challenging” to form a Government.
It looks set to lose chairs for the second election in a row, but that doesn’t absolutely rule it from forming another Government.
There are 160 seats up for election this time around, and Sinn Féin is set to radically increase how many it retains later it won the maximum first preference votes.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- US Press Secretary destroys the Fake News Media – Trump doesn’t agree with BLM organisation saying “Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon”White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany explained to the media why President Trump considers the Black Lives Matter organization a “symbol of hate” — from inciting violence with chants like…
- CRISIS – French handover 40 illegal migrants to British Border Force in the English Channel.This morning we got reports around about 4 am that a Border Force cutter went out to patrol the English Channel alongside a search plane that was sent from Doncaster….
- VIDEO – Brexit Discussion: “The EU is going to have to accept that if we are not a member state, then they cannot have the same sort of access to UK waters when we were a member state.”With the EU negotiations heating up, and with time running out to find a deal, Anand Menon, King’s College London professor of European politics and foreign affairs highlighted how the…
- EU fishermen beg UK government for mercy, as they seek unrestricted access into fishing waters along with same quotas.It’s plain to see that the UK fishermen voted to leave, to take back control of British waters. One of the significant factors to leave the EU was down to…
- A century old George Washington statue pulled down, destroyed and desecrated by AntifaShocking footage has been posted on social media of a statue that was pulled down overnight in Portland, USA. The statue of George Washington was pulled over by Antifa and…