BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
The Fine Gael Irish Premier Leo Varadka was left devastated as his constituency of Dublin West was topped by Sinn Féin candidate topped the poll ahead of him. Mr Varadkar hasn’t officially lost his seat since no candidate had attained the threshold vote yet.
Journalist Rob O’Hanrahan posted a movie of the results being read outside to Twitter, saying:”This is the moment Leo Varadkar realised that he wasn’t elected on the second count in Dublin West. (video bottom of article)
“He got 118 moves. Sinn Féin’s Peter Donnelly got 213.”
Elections of candidates in Ireland are by single transferable vote (STV), with each constituency returning between three and five deputies, each called a Teachta Dála or TD.
Mr Varadkar stated that he was”not really” disappointed he didn’t top the poll in his own constituency. He did get an increase in his votes compared to the last election.
The final outcome of the election continue to be counted.
Sinn Féin look set to procure the first preference votes.
Together with first preferences counted, it has 24.5 percent compared to 22.2% for Fianna Fáil and 20.9% for Fine Gael.
Nobody party will win enough seats to get an outright majority.
Sinn Féin pioneer Mary Lou McDonald has already said she’s unwilling to create a coalition with either of her rivals.
Before the election both Fine Gael and Fianna Fáil said they wouldn’t enter coalition with Sinn Féin.
Ms McDonald said she had been researching options to see whether it’d be possible to create a Government without either Fine Gael or Fianna Fáil.
Mr Varadkar claims it could be”challenging” to form a Government.
It looks set to lose chairs for the second election in a row, but that doesn’t absolutely rule it from forming another Government.
There are 160 seats up for election this time around, and Sinn Féin is set to radically increase how many it retains later it won the maximum first preference votes.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- FINALLY THE MESSAGE HAS LANDED – Mr Singham states EU has backed down, after previously demanding the UK adhere to its state aid rules.Today, questions were asked around accusations that Great Britain broke international law due to introducing the Internal Market Bill. During the Future relationship with the European Union Committee meeting, Steven…
- EU hypocrisy – Barnier’s claim that fish in British sovereign waters are not Britains, is in violation of international law.Even though the EU is claiming the UK is in breach of International Law in regards to the Internal Market Bill, the EU itself violates international law when they claim…
- EU – UK: Trade deal only an option, if the Internal Market Bill is removed.The Mainstream media are peddling high hopes for a deal between the UK and the EU. Michel Barnier has come to London for informal talks with UK trade negotiator David…
- EXPOSED – French Europe Minister attempts to force a deliberate split in the Conservative Party, using the Internal Market Bill as the weapon.It’s being reported that French President Emmanuel Macron is wanting the European Union to target a deliberate split in the Conservative Party using the Internal Market Bill as the weapon…
- EU Commission Vice President delivers Britain an ULTIMATUM: “ We will not be renegotiating.” “Nothing more, nothing less.”European Commission vice-president Maros Sefcovic states that He will be meeting Michel Gove on the 28th September for further talks in regards to the internal Market Bill. Maros Sefcovic made…