BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
Canada’s high commissioner to the UK Janice Charette expects negotiators are going to have the ability to improve on the current Canada-EU trade arrangement when the Brexit transition period is over. This will allow a closer connection between Britain and Canada and offer innumerable trade opportunities for businesses on either side of the Atlantic. Britain is the largest market in Europe Canada transactions with and is its own third-biggest trade partner all around.
Ms Charette said:”We’re in an excellent place.
“The opportunity is whether an improved agreement can be made at the end of the transition period.”
Canada and the UK are currently bound by the Canada-EU trade agreement which continues until the close of the transition period.
But once the transition period finishes Britain and Canada will have the ability to make an independent trade deal especially designed to make commerce as easy as possible between the two nations.
Some tariffs and barriers are expected due to the difference between the commerce markets of Canada and Britain.
However, in comparison to trading with other nations around the planet, it is going to be efficient to trade with Canada.
“If you think about relative to other countries in the world the UK is still one of the most open and most barrier-free markets that Canada transactions in.”
He said:”We need a Canada-style agreement that incorporates services and goods and collaboration in other areas.
“We accept that comes with consequences for both sides.”
The current Canada-EU trade agreement lays out the removal of tariffs on 99 percent of all types of goods.
There are limits in place set by the EU on pork, beef, frozen lobster, cat or dog food,
With no EU limitations, Britain is going to have the chance to expand the amount of tariff-free products it could have.
Ms Charette stated:”Every case is different and the negotiating parties will have to figure out what will be in the best interests of their economies and what’s going to support “
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- SHOCKING FOOTAGE – Protesters clashing with Police in London.Yesterday “Black Lives Matter” took to the streets of London to protest against the killing of George Floyd. Though there were many reports of peaceful gatherings, there were many violent…
- EU negotiators demand the UK to sign to their “level playing field” agenda, for better deal on financial services.EU officials state the UK is seeking special treatment in relation to financial services. The EU claims that the UK wants to ensure banks, insurers and asset managers have predictable…
- The Scottish First Minister sided with the EU, bragging how she tried to derail Brexit.Its come to light that in February 2019, Nicola Sturgeon, The Scottish First Minister, was found cosying up with French President Emmanuel Macron as they met to open up a…
- Peter Mandelson and EU Trade chief Phil Hogan, throw their hats into the ring to be the next head of WTO.With Roberto Azevedo, the Head of the World Trade Organisation, unexpectedly stepping down from his role, The EU’s Trade Chief, Phil Hogan, is considering throwing his hat into the ring…
- Michel Barneir mocks UK negotiators: “we will not make any progress if the British continue to pick raisins”Michel Barnier has accused the UK Brexit Trade negotiator, David Frost, and his negotiation team, just before the start of the fourth round of negotiations, of wanting the “best of…