BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
Canada’s high commissioner to the UK Janice Charette expects negotiators are going to have the ability to improve on the current Canada-EU trade arrangement when the Brexit transition period is over. This will allow a closer connection between Britain and Canada and offer innumerable trade opportunities for businesses on either side of the Atlantic. Britain is the largest market in Europe Canada transactions with and is its own third-biggest trade partner all around.
Ms Charette said:”We’re in an excellent place.
“The opportunity is whether an improved agreement can be made at the end of the transition period.”
Canada and the UK are currently bound by the Canada-EU trade agreement which continues until the close of the transition period.
But once the transition period finishes Britain and Canada will have the ability to make an independent trade deal especially designed to make commerce as easy as possible between the two nations.
Some tariffs and barriers are expected due to the difference between the commerce markets of Canada and Britain.
However, in comparison to trading with other nations around the planet, it is going to be efficient to trade with Canada.
“If you think about relative to other countries in the world the UK is still one of the most open and most barrier-free markets that Canada transactions in.”
He said:”We need a Canada-style agreement that incorporates services and goods and collaboration in other areas.
“We accept that comes with consequences for both sides.”
The current Canada-EU trade agreement lays out the removal of tariffs on 99 percent of all types of goods.
There are limits in place set by the EU on pork, beef, frozen lobster, cat or dog food,
With no EU limitations, Britain is going to have the chance to expand the amount of tariff-free products it could have.
Ms Charette stated:”Every case is different and the negotiating parties will have to figure out what will be in the best interests of their economies and what’s going to support “
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- GO BO JO /// BORIS JOHNSON SMASHES THE EXTENSION BALL INTO THE LONG GRASS “The transition period ends on December 31, 2020, as enshrined in UK law”🇬🇧 /// BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS /// 🇬🇧 As soon as the remainers came out with text claiming Government Officials were considering extending the trade negotiation talks, Boris Johnson has come out…
- DONT DO IT BORIS /// Media reporting Boris could soon announce an extension.🇬🇧 /// BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS /// 🇬🇧 Today there have been mixed reports on what Boris is to do in regards to these trade negotiations. Over the last few week Boris…
- Von der Leyen /// A new “Marshall Plan” to stoke Europe’s recovery in the coronavirus catastrophe🇬🇧 /// BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS /// 🇬🇧 European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen holds a news conference detailing EU efforts to limit the economic impact of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)…
- Italian politicians warn Germany the EU is over!
- POLICE USE DRONES HIGHLIGHTING NONESSENTIAL DOG WALKING🇬🇧 /// BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS /// 🇬🇧 Over the past weekend, There was a mixed reactions over Derbyshire police following dog walkers with drones. Below shows some videos and the original…