BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
Hounslow council, in London said it would keep the flag up as a symbol that we remain an internationalist borough’ where EU citizens can call home’.
On the other hand, the conclusion has resulted in a raft of mad comments on the internet as social media users demanded the council ‘down it’, ‘listen to voters’ and accuse the council of’pointless virtue signalling’.
Hounslow voted to stay by 51.1 per cent to 48.9 per cent in the 2016 referendum on EU membership.
Council leader Steve Curran, announced that the council could continue to fly the EU flag that the day Britain abandoned the European Union
On the other hand, the decision has generated a tide of angry remarks on social media. Councillor Curran was at the meeting where he declared the conclusion
‘Though the choice to leave the EU was made, we know there is still a great deal of doubt and concern among our EU citizens, their families and companies, in addition to local businesses,’ he said in a statement.
‘We want to be certain that they continue to feel welcome as valued members of our communities.
Their decision has ignited a wave of angry comments online. One poster wrote,’What a waste of a post, a waste of electricity and a pointless virtue signal’, even though a second stated,’Typical Hounslow, doing your own thing as you don’t listen to voters’.
‘Way to go, accusing everyone who voted to leave of racism/xenophobia,’
And also a Remainer even branded it a’foolish decision’. ‘I am a remainer, however, this selfish decision is based on personal tastes of this so-called leader of Hounslow council,’ they said.
‘If you agree with Brexit or not we are now out of the EU and democracy only works together with the losers consent… so do our elected representatives no longer believe in the democracy which set them in their positions?’ , posted one.
‘If you want to reveal yourselves as an”internationalist borough” why not fly individual flags for all the different nationalities that call Hounslow home?’ , said another.
Fantastic decision.’ Said one, while a second added,’pleased to live in Hounslow.’
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- Harry might have just angered the Queen by saying Commonwealth ‘must acknowledge past wrongs’Oh blimey, Harry and Meghan appear to have done a parody of themselves. His witless recitation of Woke cliches, her schooling look. V funny – almost took me in for…
- VIDEO – Police turn up as group of political agitators deliberately cause trouble on roads.Several protesters shut down part of a street in downtown Washington, DC, Wednesday, telling a woman in a car to “back dat ass up” when she attempted to drive away….
- VIDEO – Its like a war zone, Antifa and BLM continue to destroy Portland.Even with the Police removing the Capital Hill Autonomous Zone also known as CHAZ, the destruction of the City continues. For consecutive nights there has been major clashes with the…
- Ex UKIP MEP dismantles Mr Barnier claimes: “When Michel Barnier speaks of ‘a failure to negotiate’, he means a failure to make concessions, a failure to do as we’re told.”On LBC, UKIP MEP Roger Helmer, praised David Frost and his team in these current negotiations for not backing down under pressure from the EU negotiation team and the EU…
- US Press Secretary destroys the Fake News Media – Trump doesn’t agree with BLM organisation saying “Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon”White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany explained to the media why President Trump considers the Black Lives Matter organization a “symbol of hate” — from inciting violence with chants like…