BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
Hounslow council, in London said it would keep the flag up as a symbol that we remain an internationalist borough’ where EU citizens can call home’.
On the other hand, the conclusion has resulted in a raft of mad comments on the internet as social media users demanded the council ‘down it’, ‘listen to voters’ and accuse the council of’pointless virtue signalling’.
Hounslow voted to stay by 51.1 per cent to 48.9 per cent in the 2016 referendum on EU membership.
Council leader Steve Curran, announced that the council could continue to fly the EU flag that the day Britain abandoned the European Union
On the other hand, the decision has generated a tide of angry remarks on social media. Councillor Curran was at the meeting where he declared the conclusion
‘Though the choice to leave the EU was made, we know there is still a great deal of doubt and concern among our EU citizens, their families and companies, in addition to local businesses,’ he said in a statement.
‘We want to be certain that they continue to feel welcome as valued members of our communities.
Their decision has ignited a wave of angry comments online. One poster wrote,’What a waste of a post, a waste of electricity and a pointless virtue signal’, even though a second stated,’Typical Hounslow, doing your own thing as you don’t listen to voters’.
‘Way to go, accusing everyone who voted to leave of racism/xenophobia,’
And also a Remainer even branded it a’foolish decision’. ‘I am a remainer, however, this selfish decision is based on personal tastes of this so-called leader of Hounslow council,’ they said.
‘If you agree with Brexit or not we are now out of the EU and democracy only works together with the losers consent… so do our elected representatives no longer believe in the democracy which set them in their positions?’ , posted one.
‘If you want to reveal yourselves as an”internationalist borough” why not fly individual flags for all the different nationalities that call Hounslow home?’ , said another.
Fantastic decision.’ Said one, while a second added,’pleased to live in Hounslow.’
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- UK’s fishing waters will NOT be used as bargaining chip – Gove confirms: OUR waters on OUR terms!UK Government must not use access to UK fishing waters as a bargaining chip in upcoming trade negotiations with the EU, a Tory MP has urged. Steve Double MP asked … Read more
- Boris Johnson // NO WAY! To any EU level playing field demands.The EU keeps making the point that we in the UK can not have a Canada style trade deal even though they put that promise down in the Nonbinding Political … Read more
- French demand access into U.K. fishing waters so they can pile in with their factory ships and vacuum up our fish…Last night I was reading an article where a solid statement was made… here’s what was said… Statement above is from the Express news paper… After reading this statement I … Read more
- ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ as the EU pull away from their own Political Agreement whilst demanding U.K. adhere to it.Last night the BBC shone light on the fact that the EU had already pulled back on the political agreement that was attached as a separate Non legally binding agreement … Read more
- Boris offers the EU a hand of friendship before he pulls the plug in June…Today Boris has clearly stated the UK's intention to leave with out a deal if no deal is insight by June. This comes as the EU is in a mess … Read more