BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab stated he wanted to complete a deal with Japan by year-end following talks with his Japanese counterpart Toshimitsu Motegi in Tokyo. He explained:”With Foreign Minister Motegi I have discussed how we can deliver a new bilateral arrangement at least as high a standard, if not higher, and at least as ambitious as the EU-Japan Economic Partnership agreement.”
The EU-Japan trade deal, which reduces tariffs across a raft of products, including Japanese autos, came into force a year ago.
Mr Motegi said Japan also desired a quick conclusion of trade discussions and also has asked London to lift import restrictions on Japanese food and other goods that were enforced by Brussels following the nuclear accident at Fukushima in 2011.
The EU eased those regulations last year, but nevertheless insists on inspections and certifications of origin for a few Japanese produce, such as seafood.
Mr Raab also sought to ease Japanese concern that the EU departure could result in trade friction with the rest of Europe.
Japanese manufacturers like Nissan Motor Co constructed plants in Britain since it provided a convenient gateway to the EU.
Mr Raab said:”I recognise that these companies need certainty, and that’s the reason why we attempt to ensure that certainty as the UK forges a new venture with the European Union.”
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- UK’s fishing waters will NOT be used as bargaining chip – Gove confirms: OUR waters on OUR terms!UK Government must not use access to UK fishing waters as a bargaining chip in upcoming trade negotiations with the EU, a Tory MP has urged. Steve Double MP asked … Read more
- Boris Johnson // NO WAY! To any EU level playing field demands.The EU keeps making the point that we in the UK can not have a Canada style trade deal even though they put that promise down in the Nonbinding Political … Read more
- French demand access into U.K. fishing waters so they can pile in with their factory ships and vacuum up our fish…Last night I was reading an article where a solid statement was made… here’s what was said… Statement above is from the Express news paper… After reading this statement I … Read more
- ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ as the EU pull away from their own Political Agreement whilst demanding U.K. adhere to it.Last night the BBC shone light on the fact that the EU had already pulled back on the political agreement that was attached as a separate Non legally binding agreement … Read more
- Boris offers the EU a hand of friendship before he pulls the plug in June…Today Boris has clearly stated the UK's intention to leave with out a deal if no deal is insight by June. This comes as the EU is in a mess … Read more