BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
British Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab stated he wanted to complete a deal with Japan by year-end following talks with his Japanese counterpart Toshimitsu Motegi in Tokyo. He explained:”With Foreign Minister Motegi I have discussed how we can deliver a new bilateral arrangement at least as high a standard, if not higher, and at least as ambitious as the EU-Japan Economic Partnership agreement.”
The EU-Japan trade deal, which reduces tariffs across a raft of products, including Japanese autos, came into force a year ago.
Mr Motegi said Japan also desired a quick conclusion of trade discussions and also has asked London to lift import restrictions on Japanese food and other goods that were enforced by Brussels following the nuclear accident at Fukushima in 2011.
The EU eased those regulations last year, but nevertheless insists on inspections and certifications of origin for a few Japanese produce, such as seafood.
Mr Raab also sought to ease Japanese concern that the EU departure could result in trade friction with the rest of Europe.
Japanese manufacturers like Nissan Motor Co constructed plants in Britain since it provided a convenient gateway to the EU.
Mr Raab said:”I recognise that these companies need certainty, and that’s the reason why we attempt to ensure that certainty as the UK forges a new venture with the European Union.”
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- Harry might have just angered the Queen by saying Commonwealth ‘must acknowledge past wrongs’Oh blimey, Harry and Meghan appear to have done a parody of themselves. His witless recitation of Woke cliches, her schooling look. V funny – almost took me in for…
- VIDEO – Police turn up as group of political agitators deliberately cause trouble on roads.Several protesters shut down part of a street in downtown Washington, DC, Wednesday, telling a woman in a car to “back dat ass up” when she attempted to drive away….
- VIDEO – Its like a war zone, Antifa and BLM continue to destroy Portland.Even with the Police removing the Capital Hill Autonomous Zone also known as CHAZ, the destruction of the City continues. For consecutive nights there has been major clashes with the…
- Ex UKIP MEP dismantles Mr Barnier claimes: “When Michel Barnier speaks of ‘a failure to negotiate’, he means a failure to make concessions, a failure to do as we’re told.”On LBC, UKIP MEP Roger Helmer, praised David Frost and his team in these current negotiations for not backing down under pressure from the EU negotiation team and the EU…
- US Press Secretary destroys the Fake News Media – Trump doesn’t agree with BLM organisation saying “Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon”White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany explained to the media why President Trump considers the Black Lives Matter organization a “symbol of hate” — from inciting violence with chants like…