BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
Splits widen in the European Union just as the bloc prepares for its crucial trade talks with the UK over a Brexit deal, amid a suspected U-turn from Ireland. Ireland, which is going to the polls today to elect a new government, has sparked concerns among leaders in Brussels.
He maintained that Ireland”won’t receive a warm welcome” in Brussels if it is”looking for Britain to ease things for them”.
Ireland is one of Europe’s fastest growing markets and there’s concern that a so-called”bare bones Brexit deal” could significantly disrupt Irish sector.
Staunton said:”There is still some hope in Dublin that’s misplaced that Boris doesn’t mean his hardline approach.
“There’s a belief that when the reality of the discussions sinks in, he is going to undermine like he did over the backstop.”
“But the reason we have the backstop is that the rest of the UK can diverge in the EU.
“I don’t think people in Dublin have digested the probable consequences of Boris Johnson’s Brexit.
“He will either go for a bare bones trade agreement, or he will visit a no deal WTO arrangement, which would be even more disruptive.
“The financial impact will be severe. Britain is still an integral market, particularly for agriculture and so forth.
“It’s a future that Dublin has to handle. Once the Government gets in and talks start in Brussels, the Irish Government will not get a particularly warm welcome in Brussels when its looking for concessions for Britain to facilitate things in Ireland.
“The EU will remind Ireland that it showed a lot of solidarity during the first phase of negotiations, much more than they had expected.
“And now its time for Ireland to show its solidarity.”
Earlier this week, Boris Johnson has set out his vision for a trade deal with the EU, saying there is”no need” for the UK to follow Brussels’ rules.
The Prime Minister called for a Canada-style free trade deal, saying the UK would return to the Withdrawal Agreement if such a deal was not reached.
But the EU’s Michel Barnier said its”ambitious” trade bargain provide required a”level playing field”.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- Richard Tice has a simple solution for the Channel migrant crisis “Rather than nicely escorting them to Dover, It’s very simple, they turn around and they take them back to Calais”With the migrant crisis getting worse, the pressure is mounting on the government to do something to curb the numbers crossing into Britain illegally. Mr Richard Tice, chairman of the…
- Barnier wants joint control over fisheries, Boris refuses to play ball.With Brexit talks stalling over the last few months, key issues still remain. The two critical issues are the Level Playing Field and Fisheries. Boris Johnson has always said that…
- Conservative Dover MP, Natalie Elphicke expresses her anger – what’s happening in the English Channel is “unacceptable”, this needs to be “brought to an end”.As the mass invasion of illegal migrant boats continue to cross the channel to enter British waters illegally, the government understands its unacceptable for this to keep happening. https://youtu.be/MS8gBeyKlnk Yesterday…
- ENGLISH CHANNEL CRISIS – VIDEO – Home Affairs Committee launches an inquiry into the increase in migrants crossing the Channel by boat. Over 100 illegal migrants enter British waters today.It’s been a hectic day in Dover today. This morning we had 45 migrants brought to Dover with a further 50 plus migrants escorted into Britain through the day. There…
- BRILLIANT VIDEO – Sen. Ted Cruz EXPOSES the big corporations who fund “Marxist” Black lives matter.Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) slammed American corporations for donating to Black Lives Matter while the Marxist organization actively call for boycotting, defunding all white corporations. “It’s worth understanding that when…