BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
He was frequently seen as a provocateur in the UK, which resulted in friction.
Describing the EU’s plans last month, Commission President Ursula von der Leyensaid:”People will need to be in the centre of our policies.
The senior MEP, who’s a supporter of a united states of Europe, was set to direct the bloc reformation effort. The circus is expecting to participate prior to rolling out a series of changes. But his chequered past because the Brexit co-ordinator and prime minister of the European Parliament has left doubts in the minds of EU27 leaders, who have to sign off his appointment at the forthcoming months.
“My desire is so that all Europeans will actively promote the Convention about the Future of Europe and play a major role in establishing the European Union’s priorities.
A few in Brussels believe Mr Verhofstadt overplayed his part in the divorce of Britain when marshalling the response of the EU Parliament.
“He would have had a chance had the European Parliament never tried to completely ditch the entire conference and’d shown more willingness to do it with and not contrary to the member countries.”
An EU source said the assembly will likely descend into”handbag fight” over who is handing the leading conference function. Former EU Council leader Donald Tusk’s European People’s Party are readying a”highly qualified” candidate to present at a summit of European leaders in March.
Mr Verhofstadt’s snub comes after he backed down at the row over the Commission presidency, as a blow goes into an ally.
France and Germany had expected to take full control over the conference, suggesting that it might lead to”potential treaty change”.
“It’s only together that we can build our Union of tomorrow.”
Berlin and Paris’ notion was rejected by the Commission.
Additionally, it represents a power battle between the Council, Commission and Parliament, together with 3 associations battling to take charge of the bloc’s future.
If the people consultations can begin as planned on Europe Day the European Parliament will have to agree to the title.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- Richard Tice has a simple solution for the Channel migrant crisis “Rather than nicely escorting them to Dover, It’s very simple, they turn around and they take them back to Calais”With the migrant crisis getting worse, the pressure is mounting on the government to do something to curb the numbers crossing into Britain illegally. Mr Richard Tice, chairman of the…
- Barnier wants joint control over fisheries, Boris refuses to play ball.With Brexit talks stalling over the last few months, key issues still remain. The two critical issues are the Level Playing Field and Fisheries. Boris Johnson has always said that…
- Conservative Dover MP, Natalie Elphicke expresses her anger – what’s happening in the English Channel is “unacceptable”, this needs to be “brought to an end”.As the mass invasion of illegal migrant boats continue to cross the channel to enter British waters illegally, the government understands its unacceptable for this to keep happening. https://youtu.be/MS8gBeyKlnk Yesterday…
- ENGLISH CHANNEL CRISIS – VIDEO – Home Affairs Committee launches an inquiry into the increase in migrants crossing the Channel by boat. Over 100 illegal migrants enter British waters today.It’s been a hectic day in Dover today. This morning we had 45 migrants brought to Dover with a further 50 plus migrants escorted into Britain through the day. There…
- BRILLIANT VIDEO – Sen. Ted Cruz EXPOSES the big corporations who fund “Marxist” Black lives matter.Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) slammed American corporations for donating to Black Lives Matter while the Marxist organization actively call for boycotting, defunding all white corporations. “It’s worth understanding that when…