BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
This means MEPs could eventually vote against the trade deals when their stipulations are not adhered to.
Mr Hogan said:”There’s an urgent demand for British business and civil society, of course to reengage with us and we expect they’ll do that, and we hope they will.
The leaked document reads:”The agreement must maintain strict concordance with the principle that environmental damage should as a priority be rectified at source and also the’polluter pays’ principle.”
Members of the European Parliament have inserted demands from forming the new cross-channel arrangement to protect against a run of miniature deals.
A pact should allow him to hammer out a deal with Boris Johnson, who has put an 11-month schedule to conclude talks.
“Brexit phase one is done but just what are you Brexiting from or where you’re Brexiting to, naturally, is one of the big questions. Really difficult challenges lie ahead.”
As the bloc ups its fight against climate 23, brussels is also keen on keeping Britain in lock step.
Discussing a Centre of European Reform occasion, he also urged British businesses to”engage” with the European Commission during the trade talks.
The Prime Minister has also said the UK will push a Canada-style deal in talks with the EU however he’d be prepared to walk off with an Australian-style deal, which Canberra is still dealing with the bloc.
A draft copy of this motion, a seen draft the express says that any future deal has to”avoid a proliferation of bilateral agreements and the shortcomings that characterise the EU’s relationship with Switzerland”.
Bern’s connection with Brussels is governed by 120 different economic accords, covering areas such as taxation, agriculture and free movement.
The EU Parliament are scheduled to vote on a resolution in Strasbourg next week locking in the conditions.
He insisted that since UK criteria were higher than the EU’s there was no need to write the principles into treaty.
The requirements are most likely to establish a clash with the Government after Boris Johnson will not align to the rules of the bloc.
Brussels is hoping to secure an overarching framework for the agreement, underpinned by the so-called”level-playing area” to stop Britain from getting overly competitive and A governance structure between the European Court of Justice.
However, the EU’s trade chief Phil Hogan claimed on Tuesday Mr Johnson’s assurance of an Australia-style agreement was”code for no deal”.
Mr Barnier is known to want talks to run on issues including fisheries, security and defence to run in parallel to speed up the process.
EU officials say they’ll then have the ability to negotiate 12″state of the art” sector-by-sector deals to be housed within the new package.
But rather Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief negotiator, has suggested a”association agreement” like the bloc’s trading relationship with Ukraine.
Mr Johnson said:”I hope our friends will understand that what is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.”
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- UK’s fishing waters will NOT be used as bargaining chip – Gove confirms: OUR waters on OUR terms!UK Government must not use access to UK fishing waters as a bargaining chip in upcoming trade negotiations with the EU, a Tory MP has urged. Steve Double MP asked … Read more
- Boris Johnson // NO WAY! To any EU level playing field demands.The EU keeps making the point that we in the UK can not have a Canada style trade deal even though they put that promise down in the Nonbinding Political … Read more
- French demand access into U.K. fishing waters so they can pile in with their factory ships and vacuum up our fish…Last night I was reading an article where a solid statement was made… here’s what was said… Statement above is from the Express news paper… After reading this statement I … Read more
- ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ as the EU pull away from their own Political Agreement whilst demanding U.K. adhere to it.Last night the BBC shone light on the fact that the EU had already pulled back on the political agreement that was attached as a separate Non legally binding agreement … Read more
- Boris offers the EU a hand of friendship before he pulls the plug in June…Today Boris has clearly stated the UK's intention to leave with out a deal if no deal is insight by June. This comes as the EU is in a mess … Read more