BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
Michel Barnier, the chief negotiator of the EU, briefed the team, promising to keep them informed throughout the post-Brexit trade talks.
After the assembly, Mr McAllister told colleagues:”We all know that thanks to the British decision to certainly not extend the transition period we do not have much time . We will need to prioritise and let us see just how far we could get.
“I shall continue to define how best to promote the European project and EU interests,” he told reporters ahead of this meeting.
The negotiating mandate, that was published on Monday of mr Barnier, additionally issues a warning about the Northern Ireland protocol’s execution.
The plan was discussed in the initial meeting of the EU Parliament’s UK Coordination Group.
The warning will be issued by Members of the European Parliament as part of a resolution due to be voted at Strasbourg on next Wednesday. They’ll insist trade talks could be”stalled” if Mr Johnson doesn’t fulfill his obligations under the UK’s EU Withdrawal Agreement. Under the agreement, the Government must introduce a number of customs checks between Northern Ireland and Great Britain after the Brexit transition period expires at the close of the year.
A senior parliamentary source said:”Should there be hiccups in the implementation of this Withdrawal Agreement that would impact the future talks, that is quite evident.”
“In this context, the envisaged partnership should continue to protect the Good Friday or Belfast Agreement reached on April 10, 1998 from the uk Government, the Irish Government and the other participants at the multiparty negotiations in all its components, in recognition of how the peace process in Northern Ireland will remain of overriding importance to the peace, reconciliation and stability on the island of Ireland.”
Its chairman, German MEP David McAllister, stated they had drafted a resolution in two days.
Senior MEPs, who lead the political blocs in the establishment, will vote on its terms tomorrow morning.
“We will be prepared to begin this new extraordinary negotiation by the end of February, shortly following the approval of this mandate by ministers.
He has substituted Guy Verhofstadt since the EU Parliament’s Brexit stage man.
As he hammers an 11-month deal with Britain, the Frenchman pledged to struggle to the interests of the bloc.
He added:”We want a complete governance arrangement, but in our resolution you will see all political fields covered — fisheries, energy, transportation, science, environment. We’re following each language of UK Prime Minister and Government officials. Let us get the discussions started and see how it goes.”
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- UK’s fishing waters will NOT be used as bargaining chip – Gove confirms: OUR waters on OUR terms!UK Government must not use access to UK fishing waters as a bargaining chip in upcoming trade negotiations with the EU, a Tory MP has urged. Steve Double MP asked … Read more
- Boris Johnson // NO WAY! To any EU level playing field demands.The EU keeps making the point that we in the UK can not have a Canada style trade deal even though they put that promise down in the Nonbinding Political … Read more
- French demand access into U.K. fishing waters so they can pile in with their factory ships and vacuum up our fish…Last night I was reading an article where a solid statement was made… here’s what was said… Statement above is from the Express news paper… After reading this statement I … Read more
- ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ as the EU pull away from their own Political Agreement whilst demanding U.K. adhere to it.Last night the BBC shone light on the fact that the EU had already pulled back on the political agreement that was attached as a separate Non legally binding agreement … Read more
- Boris offers the EU a hand of friendship before he pulls the plug in June…Today Boris has clearly stated the UK's intention to leave with out a deal if no deal is insight by June. This comes as the EU is in a mess … Read more