BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
Michel Barnier, the chief negotiator of the EU, briefed the team, promising to keep them informed throughout the post-Brexit trade talks.
After the assembly, Mr McAllister told colleagues:”We all know that thanks to the British decision to certainly not extend the transition period we do not have much time . We will need to prioritise and let us see just how far we could get.
“I shall continue to define how best to promote the European project and EU interests,” he told reporters ahead of this meeting.
The negotiating mandate, that was published on Monday of mr Barnier, additionally issues a warning about the Northern Ireland protocol’s execution.
The plan was discussed in the initial meeting of the EU Parliament’s UK Coordination Group.
The warning will be issued by Members of the European Parliament as part of a resolution due to be voted at Strasbourg on next Wednesday. They’ll insist trade talks could be”stalled” if Mr Johnson doesn’t fulfill his obligations under the UK’s EU Withdrawal Agreement. Under the agreement, the Government must introduce a number of customs checks between Northern Ireland and Great Britain after the Brexit transition period expires at the close of the year.
A senior parliamentary source said:”Should there be hiccups in the implementation of this Withdrawal Agreement that would impact the future talks, that is quite evident.”
“In this context, the envisaged partnership should continue to protect the Good Friday or Belfast Agreement reached on April 10, 1998 from the uk Government, the Irish Government and the other participants at the multiparty negotiations in all its components, in recognition of how the peace process in Northern Ireland will remain of overriding importance to the peace, reconciliation and stability on the island of Ireland.”
Its chairman, German MEP David McAllister, stated they had drafted a resolution in two days.
Senior MEPs, who lead the political blocs in the establishment, will vote on its terms tomorrow morning.
“We will be prepared to begin this new extraordinary negotiation by the end of February, shortly following the approval of this mandate by ministers.
He has substituted Guy Verhofstadt since the EU Parliament’s Brexit stage man.
As he hammers an 11-month deal with Britain, the Frenchman pledged to struggle to the interests of the bloc.
He added:”We want a complete governance arrangement, but in our resolution you will see all political fields covered — fisheries, energy, transportation, science, environment. We’re following each language of UK Prime Minister and Government officials. Let us get the discussions started and see how it goes.”
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- Nigel Farage – “At no point has that pipsqueak Hancock admitted he’s got anything wrong.”https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBwTnzl_w1I After further lockdown measures are set to come into place in the next few days, Nigel Farage is rallying people to call on their MP to say no to…
- Labours David Lammy – “The conservatives have abandoned the rule of law” as the Internal Market Bill returns to Parliament this week.https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=SwPyXWLl2oYDavid Lammy has accused Boris Johnson of playing right out of a Donald Trump playbook after the United Kingdom pushes the Internal Market Bill through Parliament as a shield of…
- Another attempted power grab by the EU, this time they want control over the Channel Tunnel.https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=LPGr_TfBHw8It’s come to light that the EU wants control over the Channel Tunnel, this demand was injected into the negotiations in August. With this demand comes with extra overreach once…
- Nigel Farage goes after Matt Hancock – Say No to another lockdown – New video.https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=mdkaq3S7nH0 Nigel Farage goes after Matt Hancock and the government over their £10,000 fine for leaving your front door, even if you haven’t been tested for Covid 19. Next week…
- Afghan interpreters who put their lives on the line to help British Troops are going to be given help to relocate to Britain.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDiNIL-6u-ADefence Secretary Ben Wallace and Home Secretary Priti Patel have announced that Afghan interpreters that put their lives on the line to help British troops in Afghanistan will now be…