BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
“We’ve got a political arrangement… now we are in implementation.”
Prime Minister Boris Johnson this week has disregarded EU demands for concessions over fishing.
He explained:”If there is no agreement, it might lead to a fish wreck with a real shortfall for the Boulogne fishermen.”
France’s EU affairs minister Amelie p Montchalin night said as bureaucrats work to implement the deal they should be able to get into the waters around Guernsey at the end of the week.
She explained:”We have a diplomatic arrangement. We received a letter .
“The French government has not at all anticipated this state of affairs,” he said.
From the end of the year, the UK will become an independent coastal state under his plan.
“It’s been months, even years, we all know that Brexit poses a risk to French fishing.”
For French fishermen, around 30 percent of the turnover is reliant to waters that are British.
“We have an arrangement with Guernsey which they do not collect any money, that it will be without costs.
“I alerted the commissioners that this topic is not symbolic, it is key for optimism in future discussions.”
Jordan Bardella slammed the authorities following the ban was declared.
In a message to his nation’s trawlermen, he said:”I will tell them that the French government has abandoned them.
“We must continue to have economic agreements with Great Britain,” he said.
The decision sparked uproar, with French captains threatening to set alight British ships landing their fish on the Continent. However, the lockout looks set to continue despite a political agreement for access between Paris and London.
“Britain doesn’t disappear from the map, it does not sink in the Channel.
“We must continue to have economic arrangements with Great Britain, for the simple reason that we are also dependent on the British market since 47 percent of British exports go to the EU.”
They will face a”real shortfall” if they are blocked from the UK’s territorial waters after the Brexit transition period ends at the end of the year, according to the Port of Calais’ boss.
Jean-Marc Puissesseau said his fear for the relationship that was post-Brexit would observe local fisherman banned from the UK’s waters.
The 24-year-old politician included Paris should have acted faster to replace the amount of fisheries deals earlier Brexit with London.
For the fishers themselves, it was important”that we do not create a precedent in restricting a small area in the center of the English Channel for diplomatic reasons,” she added.
The UK, like Norway and Iceland, will have annual negotiations on access.
Guernsey, such as the other Channel Islands, is a self-governing dependency of the British crown, and was never part of the European Union such as the United Kingdom.
He also warned that France should not shut the door on Britain as a consequence of Brexit, insisting the country needs continued business from firms and UK tourists to remain afloat.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- FINALLY THE MESSAGE HAS LANDED – Mr Singham states EU has backed down, after previously demanding the UK adhere to its state aid rules.Today, questions were asked around accusations that Great Britain broke international law due to introducing the Internal Market Bill. During the Future relationship with the European Union Committee meeting, Steven…
- EU hypocrisy – Barnier’s claim that fish in British sovereign waters are not Britains, is in violation of international law.Even though the EU is claiming the UK is in breach of International Law in regards to the Internal Market Bill, the EU itself violates international law when they claim…
- EU – UK: Trade deal only an option, if the Internal Market Bill is removed.The Mainstream media are peddling high hopes for a deal between the UK and the EU. Michel Barnier has come to London for informal talks with UK trade negotiator David…
- EXPOSED – French Europe Minister attempts to force a deliberate split in the Conservative Party, using the Internal Market Bill as the weapon.It’s being reported that French President Emmanuel Macron is wanting the European Union to target a deliberate split in the Conservative Party using the Internal Market Bill as the weapon…
- EU Commission Vice President delivers Britain an ULTIMATUM: “ We will not be renegotiating.” “Nothing more, nothing less.”European Commission vice-president Maros Sefcovic states that He will be meeting Michel Gove on the 28th September for further talks in regards to the internal Market Bill. Maros Sefcovic made…