BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
“We’ve got a political arrangement… now we are in implementation.”
Prime Minister Boris Johnson this week has disregarded EU demands for concessions over fishing.
He explained:”If there is no agreement, it might lead to a fish wreck with a real shortfall for the Boulogne fishermen.”
France’s EU affairs minister Amelie p Montchalin night said as bureaucrats work to implement the deal they should be able to get into the waters around Guernsey at the end of the week.
She explained:”We have a diplomatic arrangement. We received a letter .
“The French government has not at all anticipated this state of affairs,” he said.
From the end of the year, the UK will become an independent coastal state under his plan.
“It’s been months, even years, we all know that Brexit poses a risk to French fishing.”
For French fishermen, around 30 percent of the turnover is reliant to waters that are British.
“We have an arrangement with Guernsey which they do not collect any money, that it will be without costs.
“I alerted the commissioners that this topic is not symbolic, it is key for optimism in future discussions.”
Jordan Bardella slammed the authorities following the ban was declared.
In a message to his nation’s trawlermen, he said:”I will tell them that the French government has abandoned them.
“We must continue to have economic agreements with Great Britain,” he said.
The decision sparked uproar, with French captains threatening to set alight British ships landing their fish on the Continent. However, the lockout looks set to continue despite a political agreement for access between Paris and London.
“Britain doesn’t disappear from the map, it does not sink in the Channel.
“We must continue to have economic arrangements with Great Britain, for the simple reason that we are also dependent on the British market since 47 percent of British exports go to the EU.”
They will face a”real shortfall” if they are blocked from the UK’s territorial waters after the Brexit transition period ends at the end of the year, according to the Port of Calais’ boss.
Jean-Marc Puissesseau said his fear for the relationship that was post-Brexit would observe local fisherman banned from the UK’s waters.
The 24-year-old politician included Paris should have acted faster to replace the amount of fisheries deals earlier Brexit with London.
For the fishers themselves, it was important”that we do not create a precedent in restricting a small area in the center of the English Channel for diplomatic reasons,” she added.
The UK, like Norway and Iceland, will have annual negotiations on access.
Guernsey, such as the other Channel Islands, is a self-governing dependency of the British crown, and was never part of the European Union such as the United Kingdom.
He also warned that France should not shut the door on Britain as a consequence of Brexit, insisting the country needs continued business from firms and UK tourists to remain afloat.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- UK’s fishing waters will NOT be used as bargaining chip – Gove confirms: OUR waters on OUR terms!UK Government must not use access to UK fishing waters as a bargaining chip in upcoming trade negotiations with the EU, a Tory MP has urged. Steve Double MP asked … Read more
- Boris Johnson // NO WAY! To any EU level playing field demands.The EU keeps making the point that we in the UK can not have a Canada style trade deal even though they put that promise down in the Nonbinding Political … Read more
- French demand access into U.K. fishing waters so they can pile in with their factory ships and vacuum up our fish…Last night I was reading an article where a solid statement was made… here’s what was said… Statement above is from the Express news paper… After reading this statement I … Read more
- ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ as the EU pull away from their own Political Agreement whilst demanding U.K. adhere to it.Last night the BBC shone light on the fact that the EU had already pulled back on the political agreement that was attached as a separate Non legally binding agreement … Read more
- Boris offers the EU a hand of friendship before he pulls the plug in June…Today Boris has clearly stated the UK's intention to leave with out a deal if no deal is insight by June. This comes as the EU is in a mess … Read more