BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
Officials have hired additional ships to help the Royal Navy’s Fishery Protection Squadron (FPS) patrol the waters off the UK coast.
“Where there is a will, there is a way, but we are constrained by the decision, if it’s confirmed, of Boris Johnson to leave the single market and the customs union at the end of this season.”
“Fishing rights have always been an emotive and politically sensitive issue — and in the aftermath of Brexit, fishery protection will be more important than ever.”
Mr Johnson has told the EU the Government is ready to consider an agreement with Brussels but stressed:”It must reflect how the UK will be an independent coastal nation from the end of this season, controlling our own waters.
Its boats patrol 80,000 square miles of sea off Britain protecting the fishing rights of the country.
The Portsmouth-based FPS fleet is currently made up of a helicopter and four patrol vessels.
However, the EU has some leverage with many fishing communities rely heavily on selling for shellfish, particularly to EU markets.
It has allowed a further 22 boats which recruited an additional 35 enforcement officers with the power to issue search warrants and may be deployed at short notice.
Chief EU negotiator Michel Barnier said:”It is clear that the arrangement that we want to have in the interests of UK fishermen and in the interests of European fishermen – I predict that reciprocal access to our territorial waters and our markets – that agreement on fisheries will be inextricably linked to the trade agreement.
Control of the rich fishing waters of Britain was a totemic issue for many Brexit campaigners last Friday before the country left the bloc.
In accordance with politico.eu, the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) has lined up two additional vessel to reinforce the FPS patrols and also keep out unlicensed fishing boats.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- VIDEO – Its like a war zone, Antifa and BLM continue to destroy Portland.Even with the Police removing the Capital Hill Autonomous Zone also known as CHAZ, the destruction of the City continues. For consecutive nights there has been major clashes with the…
- Ex UKIP MEP dismantles Mr Barnier claimes: “When Michel Barnier speaks of ‘a failure to negotiate’, he means a failure to make concessions, a failure to do as we’re told.”On LBC, UKIP MEP Roger Helmer, praised David Frost and his team in these current negotiations for not backing down under pressure from the EU negotiation team and the EU…
- US Press Secretary destroys the Fake News Media – Trump doesn’t agree with BLM organisation saying “Pigs in a blanket, fry ’em like bacon”White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany explained to the media why President Trump considers the Black Lives Matter organization a “symbol of hate” — from inciting violence with chants like…
- CRISIS – French handover 40 illegal migrants to British Border Force in the English Channel.This morning we got reports around about 4 am that a Border Force cutter went out to patrol the English Channel alongside a search plane that was sent from Doncaster….
- VIDEO – Brexit Discussion: “The EU is going to have to accept that if we are not a member state, then they cannot have the same sort of access to UK waters when we were a member state.”With the EU negotiations heating up, and with time running out to find a deal, Anand Menon, King’s College London professor of European politics and foreign affairs highlighted how the…