BREAKING BRITANNIA NEWS
Britain left the EU on Friday after 47 years of membership. Where Brexit Party leader Nigel Farage addressed them, thousands gathered to celebrate in London’s Parliament Square.
However according to The Sunday Telegraph Mr Johnson believes the EU has been”changing the terms” of the agreement reached last year to look for a comprehensive trade deal.
In response than originally planned, the Government is said to be toughening its stance, and could seek a looser relationship with the EU.
Originally Mr Johnson had been pursuing a’Canada style’ trade deal modelled on Canada’s Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (CETA) with the EU.
CETA removes 98 percent of duties levied on exports from Canada and vice versa, although not requiring Canada to pay in the budget of the EU or to sign up to free movement, the supremacy of courts.
However if the EU won’t offer this an’Australian fashion’ deal, that would see tariffs eliminated in some areas whilst WTO trade regulations are used for many others.
The Sunday Telegraph reports a Government source as saying:”There are only two likely outcomes in negotiation, a free trade deal like Canada or a looser arrangement such as Australia and we are delighted to pursue both.”
Mr Johnson is set to make a speech on Monday setting his plans that were post-Brexit out.
He will reportedly demand the UK is treated as an”equal” by Brussels and need”no alignment, no authority of the European courts, and no concessions” to the EU.
Boris Johnson released a video to mark the EU departure of the UK.
“We’ve taken back the tools of self-government.
The partner of the Prime Minister, carrie Symonds, tweeted a photo of her dog wearing a union jack outfit.
To celebrate Brexit a variety of Government buildings were lit up in white red and blue.
Millions of fifty pence coins are also due to be released.
According to The Sunday Telegraph the Government is also planning a series of trade deals.
The paper reports they expect an agreement with Japan can be signed by the year’s end.
Separately the UK is believed to be expecting to join the thorough and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) trade arrangement.
This would make Britain part of the third largest trade block in the entire world.
The group has 11 members including Canada, Australia, New Zealand and Singapore.
Britain voted to leave the EU in June 2016 with a margin of 52 percent.
TODAYS BREAKING NEWS
- UK’s fishing waters will NOT be used as bargaining chip – Gove confirms: OUR waters on OUR terms!UK Government must not use access to UK fishing waters as a bargaining chip in upcoming trade negotiations with the EU, a Tory MP has urged. Steve Double MP asked … Read more
- Boris Johnson // NO WAY! To any EU level playing field demands.The EU keeps making the point that we in the UK can not have a Canada style trade deal even though they put that promise down in the Nonbinding Political … Read more
- French demand access into U.K. fishing waters so they can pile in with their factory ships and vacuum up our fish…Last night I was reading an article where a solid statement was made… here’s what was said… Statement above is from the Express news paper… After reading this statement I … Read more
- ‘Do as I say, not as I do’ as the EU pull away from their own Political Agreement whilst demanding U.K. adhere to it.Last night the BBC shone light on the fact that the EU had already pulled back on the political agreement that was attached as a separate Non legally binding agreement … Read more
- Boris offers the EU a hand of friendship before he pulls the plug in June…Today Boris has clearly stated the UK's intention to leave with out a deal if no deal is insight by June. This comes as the EU is in a mess … Read more